World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Thematic Studies

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author Assif
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 22 Jul 2020 17:12 
elsslots:
The Water Industry as World Heritage (2018)
http://ticcih.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/TICCIH-Water-Report.pdf

An interesting document with many promising sites to be proposed. However, although the category is still underrepresented (modern industrial sites), the study itself helps to increase the representation of overrepresented countries and widen the gap between the regions. All the discussed sites but two (in Argentina and Australia) are from Europe/North America, with two candidates from the Czech Republic. I wonder when we will see a thematic study related to Asian/African/Pacific/(indigenous) American cultures. The only ones I can recall were two studies about rock art in the Americas and Northern Asia. There was also an old one about colonial sites in the Americas.

Author elsslots
Admin
#17 | Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:19 
Assif:
I wonder when we will see a thematic study related to Asian/African/Pacific/(indigenous) American cultures.

The lack of those is a good observation indeed. It probably has to do with funding, this industrial water heritage study was partly funded by the European Commission. Especially in Europe there seem to be innumerable subsidy funds waiting to be used.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Thematic Studies

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑