World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

Second Visits

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 9 Oct 2013 12:19 
Great, that's unique. I never heard anyone being able to go into the Chauffeur's Apt before. If you can, make a trip to Pasadena to tour the Gamble House.

http://gamblehouse.org/tours/

Have a great time exploring!

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 13 Oct 2013 10:59 
Thanks again for these recommendations, they have proved really useful.

I've certainly enjoyed LA more this time around, not sure if I would say I like it, but certainly parts of the city are really impressive, especially how properly multicultural it is.

A couple of things we enjoyed that are additional to your list were:

The Wende museum http://www.wendemuseum.org, rather obscure but lovingly displayed, it is a massive archive of Central and Eastern European artefacts from the end of the Cold War, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for me it was wonderful.

Driving around Hollywood was surprisingly rather enjoyable, it is much improved from my previous visit, and getting free cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcakes was a lovely way to round it out.

Tacos por Favor in Santa Monica, unassuming hole in the wall type place turned up the best tacos I've ever had.

Perhaps my favourite though was the exceptional mid-century modernist buildings in Palm Springs. LA was a gold mine for 20th century architecture, but the examples all over Palm Springs were really impressive and caught my taste perfectly.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 13 Oct 2013 12:57 
Great find with the Wende Museum. I now have a new museum to visit in LA!

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 Second Visits

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑