World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

New Tentative Lists

Page  Page 23 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#331 | Posted: 4 Dec 2015 15:37 | Edited by: winterkjm 
New Transboundary nomination Netherlands/Belgium.

Koloniën van Weldadigheid (Colonies of Benevolence)

Author elsslots
Admin
#332 | Posted: 4 Dec 2015 22:49 
winterkjm:
New Transboundary nomination Netherlands/Belgium.

It was already there on the Dutch T-List. The Belgian part was added now, though they seem to have their dates mixed up (saying Dec 2015 for the Dutch update and 2013 for the Belgian)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#333 | Posted: 17 Dec 2015 19:40 
Classical Karst (in Slovene language: Klasicni kras) (2015)

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#334 | Posted: 7 Jan 2016 06:30 
Bahamas
Historic Lighthouses of The Bahamas (09/11/2015)
The Inagua National Park (11/09/2015)

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#335 | Posted: 19 Jan 2016 05:59 
Austria
Großglockner High Alpine Road / Großglockner Hochalpenstraße (12/01/2016)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#336 | Posted: 19 Jan 2016 11:13 

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#337 | Posted: 19 Jan 2016 11:25 | Edited by: Solivagant 
winterkjm:
"Krzemionki", prehistoric flint mines (Poland)

Something of a coincidence!!! See this quote from my review of our visit to Spiennes Flint Mine last summer -
"We then had another stroke of luck – at 4pm on that day a lecture was to be given (in English) by a visiting professor from the Polish Institute of Archaeology and Ethnology (who was assisting at the dig) titled the "Neolithic Flint Mines of Poland" and, since it was "free entrance", we thereby got in to the Centre for nothing!! Now, until I heard this talk, I just didn't know how much I didn't know about Flint Mining in Neolithic times!! Different types of flint and tools made from it, its geological origins, mining locations around Europe, different types of mines, trading and belief systems etc etc – as a result I have mentally "pencilled in" a visit to the Krzemionki mines (around 10kms NE of Ostrowiec) next time I am in Poland!! At least it seemed easier to get underground there! See http://krzemionki.pl/en/about-krzemionki/underground-route/ which says "The underground tourist route in Krzemionki is the world's only such monument open regularly to visitors."

How many different flint mines the List can take/needs is another matter - perhaps this is a case where Poland/Belgium should cooperate in creating a trans-national site covering both locations. As I remember the lecture I referred to above, "Polish Flint" is different in chemistry from "Belgian flint" and the mining technique was different too. If Almaden and Idrija can join together for Mercury mines and both get inscribed on the basis of slight differences between them, then why can't Belgium and Poland do so for Flint?? I note that there is absolutely NO mention of "Spiennes" in the write up - as if it didn't exist!

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#338 | Posted: 21 Jan 2016 10:02 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#339 | Posted: 23 Jan 2016 02:38 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Padova Urbs Picta. Giotto, the Scrovegni Chapel and the 14th century painting cycles (Italy)

2006 version of this nomination has been removed.
CAPPELLA DEGLI SCROVEGNI

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#340 | Posted: 8 Feb 2016 09:37 

Author pikkle
Partaker
#341 | Posted: 8 Feb 2016 12:19 
winterkjm:
The Walk of Peace from the Alps to the Adriatic – Heritage of the First World War (Slovenia)

Looks like some interesting serial sites on this.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#342 | Posted: 8 Feb 2016 15:36 

Author Assif
Partaker
#343 | Posted: 8 Feb 2016 22:30 
winterkjm:
La Haute Ville d'Antananarivo (Madagascar)

A renomination of http://www.worldheritagesite.org/sites/t9262.html

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#344 | Posted: 10 Feb 2016 09:42 

Author elsslots
Admin
#345 | Posted: 10 Feb 2016 10:14 
winterkjm:
3 new nominations for Spain

Ah, great. A cathedral, a Christian Monastery and a sacred mountain.

Page  Page 23 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  21  22  23  24  Next » 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 New Tentative Lists

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑