World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /  

New Tentative Lists

Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#301 | Posted: 24 Mar 2015 09:46 

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#302 | Posted: 24 Mar 2015 10:45 
Thanks for filling in those details on the German t-list Assif, really useful.

Also delighted to see Chiang Mai turn up on the T-list, my favourite place in Thailand and fully deserving of a place on the list in my eyes.

Author hubert
Partaker
#303 | Posted: 25 Mar 2015 10:28 
Assif:
Re: Schwerin and NeuschwansteinHere the advising committee recommended a common nomination. Here too the advice was not followed.

I cannot see the point of this recommendation. Should they be combined just because the buildings are from the same period and in the same architectural style? I cannot see any other connection. Either they have OUV each for itself, or not. Would it make sense to subsume Chartres and Bourges or Wrzburg and Brhl?
However, I must admit that I'm not a big fan of the Ludwig II/Neuschwanstein nomination anyway.

It may be a coincidence and I may be wrong, but the new sites with the longest and most flowery titles seem also those with the fewest chances for success.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#304 | Posted: 1 Apr 2015 10:42 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Philippines adds three nominations.

Mt. Mantalingahan

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#305 | Posted: 1 Apr 2015 10:45 | Edited by: winterkjm 

Author elsslots
Admin
#306 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 00:00 
winterkjm:

And deletes some 12? They've only got 19 TWHS now.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#307 | Posted: 2 Apr 2015 10:59 

Author bojboj
Partaker
#308 | Posted: 3 Apr 2015 00:57 
elsslots:
winterkjm:

And deletes some 12? They've only got 19 TWHS now.

Perhaps the 19 properties retained on the list are most strategic in terms of representation and/or likeliness of inscription.

ICOMOS Filling the gaps study mentions under-representation of early Philippine peoples (archaeological sites) versus sites related to Spanish colonial history.

As for natural sites, I could only surmise that the properties retained in the tentative list are those whose OUV potentials have not been compromised.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#309 | Posted: 3 Apr 2015 06:49 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#310 | Posted: 14 Apr 2015 00:22 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#311 | Posted: 14 Apr 2015 06:16 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#312 | Posted: 16 Apr 2015 11:55 

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#313 | Posted: 22 Apr 2015 09:45 

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#314 | Posted: 22 Apr 2015 13:07 | Edited by: Solivagant 
winterkjm:
Turkey adds another 9 nominations

So Aspendos and Mountainous Phrygia (Then called "Phrygian Rock Cut Monuments") have re-emerged having been on Turkey's first T List and need to be removed from our list of Turkey's "Former T List Sites" (Els - can you record that they have been on/off and on again!)

Turkey STILL concentrating on its potential Cultural rather than Natural sites!!

Yildiz has recently been under renovation - a 19th/early 20th C palace. It might have been included on the old "Bosphorus" T List site. Its return to the T List perhaps demonstrates a desire by Istanbul to add to its current single inscription. It also has Galata Tower among the Genoese Trading sites.

The Uzunkopru Bridge is yet ANOTHER "Ottoman Bridge" - with Bosnia's "Mehmed Paša Sokolovic Bridge" and Mostar !!

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#315 | Posted: 23 Apr 2015 10:30 
One additional nomination from Turkey (62).

Akdamar Church (Turkey)

Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next » 
General discussions about WHS www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / General discussions about WHS /
 New Tentative Lists

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑