World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /  

Top 50 Missing - 2020 version - Clean up Approved List

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Jurre
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 4 Oct 2020 18:57 
Once again I'd like to remind us of the question how we are going to proceed to the next step in our Top 50 Missing list. We had such great discussions in the first part of the year and I personally discovered so many interesting sites, that it would be a shame to let all that work be forgotten.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 6 Oct 2020 18:32 
I assume the logistics of doing a vote (per 2014), but with far more sites is just too daunting at the moment? This would entail some serious work, but I hope we can get there eventually. An actual vote too, not forum only. Part of the original timing was to do this following the ICOMOS and IUCN evaluations for 2020 or around/after the WHC, but still waiting on that front. Either way, like Jurre, I hope we go back to this soon, especially because travel in Europe (and much of the world really) is spotty at the moment and (by various degrees) risky. While in the U.S. its even more problematic, to be honest I barely leave the house since I am teaching virtually.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 7 Oct 2020 14:01 
winterkjm:
I assume the logistics of doing a vote (per 2014), but with far more sites is just too daunting at the moment?

It is daunting, yes, but at the moment, we have no clear plan to cut down the number of sites that made it through the first stage. So I guess the first step would be to decide how we will come to a slimmed down list.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /
 Top 50 Missing - 2020 version - Clean up Approved List

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑