World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /  

TOP 50 Missing Addendum - ALL Regions

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3

Author Jurre
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 5 Jun 2020 07:18 
Sjobe:
There are already WHS with disparate types of sites, and I don't see it as a big problem. Having visited all these components, which are in a quite a compact area, I understand them as a whole. Persian houses are located tightly inside the old city so it is hard to separate them from the surroundings. But yes the Historical Axis TWHS sites are from different eras and backgrounds. Kashan is small but very interesting place to visit with lots of things to see.

I would second the axis proposal you make as well, as I bow to your experience of actually having visited the sites, whereas my knowledge only stems from reading about them. So the enlarge the proposal to your axis is fine by me.

Sjobe:
My opinion is that Iran would have deserved more comprehensive going through like USA, Russia, Turkey, etc. Iran is a country with huge WHS potential.

I agree and said likewise in another thread. I think Iran is easily up there with countries like China, Italy, Spain and Germany and should have an equal amount of sites.

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 5 Jun 2020 09:01 | Edited by: Sjobe 
Jurre:
So the enlarge the proposal to your axis is fine by me.

Actually, I just read the review of Tepe Sialk by Solivagant. At the end of his review he is also a bit hesitant about the cultural continuity of the "Historical Axis" TWHS. And if he thinks that way, maybe it has to be taken seriously.

So, it could be either way. Persian Houses only is also fine by me. Please feel free to comment if someone has an opinion on this.

I also agree with the review of Zoë Sheng about the name of this WHS "The Persian House in Central plateau of Iran" – it is horrible.

Jurre, I'm glad that you proposed this because I thought that it was a pity that no one seconded or proposed the sites of Kashan.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 5 Jun 2020 09:08 
Sjobe:
Jurre, I'm glad that you proposed this because I thought that it was a pity that no one seconded or proposed the sites if Kashan.

Thank you. I probably could have, but the Asia/Pacific week was a week were I was very busy, so I had less time reading up on sites and doing some research for my own proposals. So a lot of sites passed quickly before me, which, in hindsight, I could/would have seconded.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#34 | Posted: 5 Jun 2020 11:04 
I count 9 additional approved proposals. I think this thread can now be closed.

Deception Island (Antarctica)
Kwongan: Fitzgerald River National Park (Australia)
Lake Tanganyika (Burundi)
The Wallace Line: Lore Lindu and Kutai National Parks (Indonesia)
Boven Digeol Regency - Land of the Korowai and Kombai (Indonesia)
Persian Houses (Iran)
Sechín Bajo (Peru)
Spanish Colonial and Community Coastal Defense Structures (Philippines)
Central Savaii Rainforest (Samoa)

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /
 TOP 50 Missing Addendum - ALL Regions
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑