World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /  

Top 50 Missing - Voting 2014

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 00:47 
kkanekahn:
Can you post recent update ( i.e. no. of votes for 1st and 50th site and number of sites having 3 or less votes

Can you post recent update about number of sites having 3 or less votes so that we can know how many sites are practically in the race and how close the race is?

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 01:35 | Edited by: winterkjm 
We should not highlight individual sites by name, no? There is still 8 days of voting?

Even from the results so far, we have pretty good consensus on the Top 50 missing, it will only improve in the coming days. In all likelihood, there will be some new openings following the 2014 WHC, so we can even do some voting then (in all do time!). Furthermore, our inventory of sites that fail to make Top 50 missing will still be fundamental in our process of adding new sites to our Top 50 missing, no?

Considering our old list, yes there was 61 total sites, but it was very apparent many suggestions had little support and were just added based on relatively small participation. Plenty of original sites will not make it into this new Top 50.

Therefore, I think it is appropriate that our list is cut off at exactly 50 (for now at least). 11 votes for the 50th site demonstrates more consensus than we had for any single site on the original list!

Author clyde
Partaker
#63 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 01:36 
:) I agree with Els. What's with all these numbers. The fact that no. 50 has 11 votes to me confirms beyond any doubt that this is really a success! I sincerely thought that no. 50 would have no more than 2-3 votes!

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#64 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 01:41 | Edited by: winterkjm 
clyde:
The fact that no. 50 has 11 votes to me confirms beyond any doubt that this is really a success! I sincerely thought that no. 50 would have no more than 2-3 votes!

EXACTLY!!

I am completely willing to admit multiple rounds of voting was a bad idea, and how Els is running this activity has been superb, the results speak for themselves. Granted I don't know which sites may have sneaked in the Top 50, but I am happy living with the results of a fair voting process.

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#65 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 01:47 
winterkjm:
We should not highlight individual sites by name, no?

I agree with you. We should not name indivisual site or country by name.
winterkjm:
there will be some new openings following the 2014 WHC, so we can even do some voting then

I am not in the favor of june 2014 voting. After some sites being inscribed(very much likely) we can promote 51th site to the list. If after inscription still the list is beyond 50 then we can simply delist the sites. So there is no reason for re voting in june.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 21 Feb 2014 01:52 | Edited by: winterkjm 
kkanekahn:
I am not in the favor of june 2014 voting. After some sites being inscribed(very much likely) we can promote 51th site to the list. If after inscription still the list is beyond 50 then we can simply delist the sites. So there is no reason for re voting in June.

This may be appropriate, but we can probably pause this discussion for at least a couple months, no? Perhaps one activity at a time? Frankly, I am just excited to see the final results around March 1st!

Author clyde
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 24 Feb 2014 05:06 
Less than 5 days to go! I'd suggest sending a reminder to those who didn't cast their vote yet. Hopefully that will increase the turnout.

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#68 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 00:51 
Els, What is the recent status about the voting? We have only 3 days left. Can you send a reminder?

Author elsslots
Admin
#69 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 13:36 
95 voters
117 different sites

no significant changes last week
I guess everybody that wanted to vote, has done so
the results are clear for me

I am not in favour of more email spamming. And ít's also too much work for me to filter out the users that already have voted

Author clyde
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 15:59 
it's a great result just the same. 2 days to go!

Author Euloroo
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 26 Feb 2014 21:30 
If you get 100 it would make a good Family Feud / Family Fortunes question!

Author fr4nc1sc4
Partaker
#72 | Posted: 27 Feb 2014 00:06 
have voted some days ago... and extremely curious with the outcome... :-)
*wondering if I still remember the sites that I voted...

Author elsslots
Admin
#73 | Posted: 27 Feb 2014 00:26 
fr4nc1sc4:
*wondering if I still remember the sites that I voted...

You'll be able to see it at your personal page

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 27 Feb 2014 07:17 
Euloroo:
If you get 100 it would make a good Family Feud / Family Fortunes question!

I like it, though surely that would be the most niche episode ever.

Author elsslots
Admin
#75 | Posted: 27 Feb 2014 08:52 
Euloroo:
If you get 100

Only 2 to go now! (on 98 today)

Page  Page 5 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /
 Top 50 Missing - Voting 2014

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑