World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /  

Aspiring to be on the T List!

Page  Page 70 of 70:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  68  69  70

Author Assif
Partaker
#1,036 | Posted: 28 May 2022 00:52 | Edited by: Assif 
Ostia Antica (FTWHS Italy)
https://www.comune.fiumicino.rm.it/index.php/notizie/comunicati-stampa/item/1421-montino-ostia-antica-e-portus-patrimonio-dell-umanita-dal-comune-di-fiumicino-piena-disponibilita
It is, in fact, astonishing that the largest and best preserved Roman city, alongside Pompei, has never made it to the list. It is superior to any other Roman sites except Rome and Pompei and if it were somewhere else it would have long been submitted and inscribed. I wonder, however, what chances another Roman site stands, especially in Italy.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#1,037 | Posted: 28 May 2022 18:39 
Assif:
Ostia Antica (FTWHS Italy)
https://www.comune.fiumicino.rm.it/index.php/notizie/comunicati-stampa/item/1421-montino-ostia-antica-e-portus-patrimonio-dell-umanita-dal-comune-di-fiumicino-piena-disponibilita
It is, in fact, astonishing that the largest and best preserved Roman city, alongside Pompei, has never made it to the list. It is superior to any other Roman sites except Rome and Pompei and if it were somewhere else it would have long been submitted and inscribed. I wonder, however, what chances another Roman site stands, especially in Italy.

I totally agree with you. I had actually forgotten it is a FTWHS, it does not make sense... I am convinced there's plenty of chances for a site as brilliant as this one.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#1,038 | Posted: 6 Jun 2022 03:52 
Iran

The historical texture of Bushehr

Bushehr tourism department gets set to restore mansion

Author Jurre
Partaker
#1,039 | Posted: 11 Jun 2022 05:21 | Edited by: Jurre 
Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland

Workers' assembly halls

Another article on a possible future transnational candidature for workers' assembly halls:

Could workers' assembly halls soon become World Heritage sites?

As for the Danish Workers Museum and its project partners in Australia, Finland and Belgium, they will need to be patient. Although the museum plans to submit its nomination application before the end of the year, the UNESCO World Heritage Committee will only decide on the bid in 2025.

There is a mention of a bid for 2025, yet none of the possible components have been put on the Tentative List of the respective country.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#1,040 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 14:56 | Edited by: Astraftis 
In October 2021, a new "tentative site" appeared on the Danish website of the ministry of culture: Salt og Tang på Læsø (Salt and seaweed on Læsø). It's still not on the official UNESCO website section, however.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#1,041 | Posted: 23 Jun 2022 05:51 

Page  Page 70 of 70:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  68  69  70 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /
 Aspiring to be on the T List!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑