World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /  

Aspiring to be on the T List!

Page  Page 67 of 67:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67

Author Jurre
Partaker
#991 | Posted: 23 Dec 2021 06:15 | Edited by: Jurre 

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#992 | Posted: 24 Dec 2021 05:30 | Edited by: Astraftis 
Jurre:
This is hardly to be taken seriously, because it seems like political posturing. Matteo Salvini would like to see the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (also known as the San Siro) inscribed as WHS.

Salvini: "Sì al nuovo stadio ma dichiarare Meazza patrimonio Unesco"

(Sorry for incoming verbosity)
Of course this is just a political boutade by someone who doesn't have an idea of how it works. I'm not sure how known is the thing, but Milan + Inter have had a plan to build a new stadium for some years now, and an incarnation of this plan seems to have gotten through recently, new stadium which for unspecified reason has to be at the same place of the current one and entails the demolition of San Siro (which by the way is owned by the municipality). Now this last point is the real problem and shame... setting apart the WHS status (about which @meltwaterfalls actually had serial plans on which I can just agree :-P ), it would have sufficed to grant the Meazza the obvious status of "protected cultural good" like many others in the city. The fact that it wasn't and the insistence of staying in the much discussed neighbourhood of San Siro just shows how much this is a pure speculation towards gentrification, houses and new shopping centers where there are already green spaces and/or concrete wastelands that just need to be requalified, the new stadium being also smaller in the process.

OK, sorry for the rant (I think I have made clear my position...), I hope this might at least give some background to such a statement. But more seriously, maybe it's too early, however similar iconic structures (if they survive...) might present some potential for OUV :-D

Jurre:
Italy

Castles of Lunigiana

Lunigiana "civiltà del castello": la sfida verso l'Unesco

Now this I like, even if its possibilities of success do not seem so bright to me. However, I can recommend something quite unique of the area, the stele-statues (mentioned in the article) conserved at the museum of Pontremoli! Worth checking out! And the museum itself is inside one of these castles! :-D

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#993 | Posted: 26 Dec 2021 02:09 

Author Jurre
Partaker
#994 | Posted: 27 Dec 2021 06:11 
Suriname

Werehpai caves

Dagblad Suriname (in Dutch)

The last paragraph mentions the possibility to update Suriname's tentative list with more places, among which the Werehpai caves.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#995 | Posted: 7 Jan 2022 07:27 | Edited by: Jurre 
Netherlands

Maasvallei & Peelhorst

'Maasvallei en Peelhorst zijn ook Unesco-werelderfgoed'

The Maas valley on the east side and Peelhorst on the west side of the new municipality of Land van Cuijk must both be declared Unesco World Heritage Sites. Boekel, Gemert, Deurne, Venray and the new municipalities of Maashorst and Land van Cuijk are going to make a joint effort to achieve this.

The article mistakenly states that the Maasheggen are WHS, while it actually is a Unesco biosphere reserve.

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#996 | Posted: 14 Jan 2022 00:56 

Author tirtha22
Partaker
#997 | Posted: Yesterday 01:16 

Page  Page 67 of 67:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  65  66  67 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /
 Aspiring to be on the T List!

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑