| Forums | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing /

Aspiring to be on the T List!

Page  Page 54 of 54:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  
Author Caspar
Registered
#796 | Posted: 13 Jan 2019 16:32 
Durian
I do not know if you guys already saw this: When you look at the Amalfi map which seems to consist of a core zone only then it seems that the Abbazia di cava is already included! Or at least it is right at the border. Wouldn't the monks know if their monastery is a WHS yet or not? It seems an interesting enough monastery and the oldest continuously used benedictine monastery. though the honour of the oldest continuously used European monastery seems to belong to Saint Maurice in Valais https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_St._Maurice,_Agaunum

Author Caspar
Registered
#797 | Posted: 13 Jan 2019 16:41 
Assif
This is really a fascinating coincidence with current politics! While I find the hole hospital complex quite fascinating I do not think a Otto Wagner nomination and even less a viennese art nouveau nomination should concentrate on this complex. Apart from his fascinating houses near the Theater an der Wien and even more his two very different own houses I think his incredible impact on the city scape of Vienna is his design of the Wiener S-Bahn including the various stations, the bridges and the Kaiser-Pavillon, all of which he designed in every detail.

Author winterkjm
Registered
#798 | Posted: 20 Jan 2019 04:58 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Ackerman fortress wants to join the transnational nomination:

"Trading Posts and Fortifications on Genoese Trade Routes. From the Mediterranean to the Black Sea"

Along with Sudak Fortress located in Crimea and the Turkish components, this article also mentions Poland and Romania in partnership to pursue this nomination. Perhaps, we'll see additional tentative nominations in the near future.

https://24tv.ua/do_spadshhini_yunesko_mozhe_uviyti_shhe_odna_istorichna_pamyatka_ukra yini_n1098108

Author Assif
Registered
#799 | Posted: 20 Jan 2019 14:42 
Caspar:
While I find the hole hospital complex quite fascinating I do not think a Otto Wagner nomination and even less a viennese art nouveau nomination should concentrate on this complex.

I agree Art Nouveau in Vienna would merit its own place on the WHS list. The problem with such an idea would be that most such sites are already covered by the two existing nominations. Otto Wagner's Majolikahaus (next to Theater an der Wien), Postsparkasse and Pavillon Karlsplatz as well as the Secession building are all part of Historic Centre of Vienna WHS. Wagner's Hofpavillon Hietzing is a part of the Schoenbrunn WHS. In fact Otto Wagner's only buildings not covered by current inscriptions are his own villas in Huetteldorf and the proposed hospital (Otto-Wagner-Spital) with Kirche am Steinhof.

Author Durian
Registered
#800 | Posted: 26 Jan 2019 18:50 

Author jonathanfr
Registered
#801 | Posted: 28 Jan 2019 19:44 

Page  Page 54 of 54:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  52  53  54 
Top 50 Missing www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Top 50 Missing / Aspiring to be on the T List! Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®