World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /  

Connection suggestion

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#136 | Posted: 10 Sep 2020 12:34 
Bronze Age Collapse should include Karnak:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Karnak_Inscription

Author Jurre
Partaker
#137 | Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:02 | Edited by: Jurre 
Would a "Bay of Biscay" connection be possible in the Geography section?

- Fortifications of Vauban (Saint-Martin-de-Ré: city walls and citadel; Blaye-Cussac-Fort-Médoc: citadel of Blaye, city walls, Fort Paté and Fort Médoc)

- Routes of Santiago de Compostela in France (Eglise de Notre-Dame-de-la-Fin-des-Terres Soulac-sur-Mer, Clocher-porche de Mimizan, Bayonne Cathedral. The churches are situated on the "Voie de Soulac", an itinerary running along the Côte d'Argent, from Soulac to Bayonne.)

- Bordeaux (Bordeaux is situated on a bend in the river Garonne, where it has created a natural harbour, called Port of the Moon.)

- Route of Santiago de Compostela (Chemin de la Côte, Bilbao Cathedral, Santa Maria de la Asuncion, Colegiata de Santillana del Mar, Camino Lebaniego, Santa Maria de Soto de Luiña)

- Vizcaya Bridge (The bridge crosses the mouth of the Nervion River. Bilbao developed through great commercial activity and its seaport was the most important in the north coast of Spain.)

- Altamira Cave (Altamira: Human occupants of the site were well-positioned to take advantage of the rich wildlife that grazed in the valleys of the surrounding mountains as well as the marine life available in nearby coastal areas. (Wikipedia) - Tito Bustillo: Some of the paintings represent animals: horses, deer, moose and even a marine animal (probably a whale). (Wikipedia)

Author elsslots
Admin
#138 | Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:39 | Edited by: elsslots 
Jurre:
Would a "Bay of Biscay" connection be possible in the Geography section?

I will add it. As with other Geography connections we try to be exact - so "bordering the Bay of Biscay" means exactly that and not a site 10km inland. Bordeaux for example seems too far out for me.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#139 | Posted: 17 Sep 2020 13:05 
elsslots:
I will add it. As with other Geography connections we try to be exact - so "bordering the Bay of Biscay" means exactly that and not a site 10km inland. Bordeaux for example seems too far out for me.

I would have thought the port of Bordeaux, which has a connection with the Bay via the Gironde would qualify Bordeaux. The WHS mentions the "Port de la Lune" specifically, so I would say the connection with the sea is an important part of the WHS.

Page  Page 10 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /
 Connection suggestion

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑