I plan on adding a connection about which WHS have the largest number of visitors annually (excluding those without entry regulations, eg. cities).
This takes some research, so let's start with a few I know of:
- Petra (Jordan) - 800,000 in 2008 (source
- Taj Mahal - 2,500,000 in 2006 (sourc
- Angkor - 2,000,000 (source
- Great Smokey Mountains - 9,000,000 in 2006 (source
- And from the same source:
Grand Canyon with 4.4 million visits,
Yosemite with 3.3 million,
Olympic with 3.1 million,
Yellowstone at 2.8 million visits
Who has more?