World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /  

Out or in doubt #26

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 05:06 | Edited by: kkanekahn 
I am confused in between Tombs and Mausolea.
In connection Tombs says-Burial location of an individual (or at most for a small number of related people), with some sort of structure/decoration beyond a grave"" (but less grand than a ""mausoleum""!)"
What is the scale of distinguish between Tombs and Mausolea?

There are some whs like Humayun's Tomb which is included in Necropolis(I agree) but not in tomb connection !!!

http://www.worldheritagesite.org/tag.php?id=155
http://www.worldheritagesite.org/tag.php?id=129

Author elsslots
Admin
#32 | Posted: 14 Jul 2013 12:02 
Fujisan - Glaciers
> cannot find a source for that

Author elsslots
Admin
#33 | Posted: 17 Jul 2013 12:36 
Linear inscriptions - Water features and Hercules within the Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe
>> does not look very linear on the map provided in the AB ev, and also the word "linear" isn't used

Author elsslots
Admin
#34 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 01:36 
William Bligh - Levuka
>> Levuka was built after Bligh died, so while he's connected to the general area he cannot have seen Levuka

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 25 Jul 2013 17:14 
Shouldn't the "Pagoda" at Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe be connected under "Chinoiserie" rather than "Pagoda"? This is the way the other Chinoiserie "pagodas" at e.g Kew have been treated.

Author elsslots
Admin
#36 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 12:15 
Natural sites with indigenous human population
Lake Turkana : Turkana people
>> I don't think that the core zone is inhabited (only grazing of herds is mentioned)

Author Durian
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 21:03 
Just visited Hildesheim's St. Mary' Cathedral and saw the famous Tausendjähriger Rosenstock (Thousand Year Rose Bush), I saw a possibility with "Notable Tree" connection but bush is not tree in strict sense! What do you think, Els?

Author Euloroo
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 1 Aug 2013 08:05 | Edited by: Euloroo 
Inside the courtyard of St Catherine's Monastery there's a bramble purported to be the "burning bush". One more for a Notable Bushes connection

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 03:34 
Modern Urban Planning - levuka

Author kkanekahn
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 04:23 
I want to add a new connection- Modern Imperial Palaces

It is one of major connection not added in the list.
All major kingdoms has some palace but the older ones are mainly in ruins.
So if make a connection having all the palaces built or inhabited between 17th cent to 20th cent. then the list will be shorter one & cover all elements in the list
To make it more smaller we will add only palaces of major kingdom which rule over significant area & population of world.
The list is not complete
The list-
Schönbrunn-From the 18th century to 1918, Schönbrunn was the residence of the Habsburg emperors
Palace and Park of Fontainebleau-Fontainebleau has retained the imprint of every reign and every style: Henri IV, Louis XIII, Louis XV and Louis XVI paid without hesitation for the embellishment of this royal palace, which Napoleon I preferred above all the others.
Versailles Palace-was the centre of political power in France1682-1789

Palace Potsdam and Berlin- 150 buildings constructed between 1730 and 1916
Forbidden City in Beijing-Seat of supreme power for over five centuries (1416-1911)
Potala palace-constructed in the 18th century
The Summer Palace in Beijing – first built in 1750 largely destroyed in the war of 1860 and restored on its original foundations in 1886
Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey
Historic Rome

Red fort-Mughal empire
The Topkapi Palace is a palace in Istanbul, Turkey, which was the official and primary
residence in the city of the Ottoman Sultans for approximately 400 years (1465-1856) of their 624-year reign.
Golestan Palace-Till 1979

Kremlin and Red Square, Moscow- Nicholas palace
Historic Centre of Saint Petersburg

Author elsslots
Admin
#41 | Posted: 27 Aug 2013 02:39 
Roof of the World - Kathmandu Valley
>> there's not a clear border for what's called the Roof of the World, but I suspect that places of a higher altitude are meant instead of the relatively low altitude of kathmandu

Author elsslots
Admin
#42 | Posted: 31 Aug 2013 14:02 | Edited by: elsslots 
Pre Romanesque - Hildesheim
>> I don't see a link with what's there now, source?

Pre Romanesque - Longobards
>> also needs a source

Author elsslots
Admin
#43 | Posted: 22 Sep 2013 23:08 
Connection: Indus Valley Civilization
I've removed it, because both Taxila and Thatta are of a later date

Author elsslots
Admin
#44 | Posted: 13 Oct 2013 00:35 | Edited by: elsslots 
New connection: Island nominations - nominations made of an entire island or a group thereof
>> Too close to two we already have http://www.worldheritagesite.org/tag.php?id=262 and http://www.worldheritagesite.org/tag.php?id=700

And another one: Ecological disasters
>> that's too similar a connection to the ones we already have (the more specific meteorite impact, and some historical events); and the definition of "disaster" can lead to much discussion

And: Raised coral atolls - Aldabra, Henderson, East Rennell
>> we already have a small Atoll connection, I'll add this specific feature (raised) to the descriptions of these 3

Author elsslots
Admin
#45 | Posted: 30 Oct 2013 13:23 | Edited by: elsslots 
Hierapolis - Goddesses
>> the head that was found isn't enough for a connection; Hierapolis' main temple was for the (male) god Apollo

Etruscans - role of women
>> site was not inscribed because of the role women played / women are not central to its value

Stonehenge - Historical Food Remains (
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-24522240 )
>> I believe this was found outside of the WHS

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /
 Out or in doubt #26

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑