World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /  

Cultural landscapes

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 6 May 2013 10:19 
and Las Medulas ?

Author elsslots
Admin
#62 | Posted: 6 May 2013 14:27 
jonathanfr:
and Las Medulas ?

not according to Unesco

the AB ev states: "It may also be considered to be a cultural landscape"

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#63 | Posted: 8 May 2013 02:02 | Edited by: Solivagant 
I was looking through the ICOMOS Web site to try to find out more about the Silk Road Thematic study and came across this bibliography of World Heritage Cultural Landscapes up to 2011.

It seems to agree with our conclusions to date about which sites were ACTUALLY inscribed as CLs EXCEPT in relation to AL Ain and Wadi Rum both of which it clearly lists among the inscribed CLs. So - it DOES look as if the exclusion of these 2 sites from the UNESCO Web site list is a mistake/omission. We need to decide whether to remove these from the "Cultural inscriptions rejected as CLs" connection and add them back into the appropriate sub category connection. It doesn't look as if the WH Centre is going to honour me with an answer to my question about these 2 sites (too busy preparing for the WHC or just not very communicative with "lesser mortals"?)

(By the way - there is one error in the "Contents" of this report in that, under Sweden, it has listed Lavaux!! In the body of the report the actual entry is for Southern Oland - thus confirming our view/understanding that Falun was NOT inscribed as a CL.)

Herewith the link to the report
http://www.international.icomos.org/centre_documentation/bib/2011_Cultural_landscapes _complete.pdf

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /
 Cultural landscapes

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑