World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /  

Four WHS within running distance

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 06:07 
I can't edit it now, but I found a slightly shorter route across Paris, it isn't quite as scenic, however on top of the 4 WHS it also includes UNESCO's headquarters:

Paris (1.1): 4 WHS and UNESCO headquarters 19.8km (Versailles, Le Corbusier (Immeuble locatif à la Porte Molitor), Paris, Pilgrimage Route to Santiago in France (Tour St Jacques) + UNESCO headquarters)

Author Colvin
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 08:41 
Not bad! I haven't found any new routes with four sites, but for your Tentative watch list, you may be interested in New Delhi. There you can run from Qutb Minar to Humayun's Tomb to the Red Fort and pick up four T-list sites (if I counted correctly).

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 21 Aug 2019 21:02 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Seoul 8K World Heritage Run

For future reference, this route includes:
Changdeokgung Palace, Jongmyo Shrine, Cheonggyecheon Stream, Heunginjimun Gate, Mt. Naksan Section of Hanyangdoseong, Hyehwamun Gate, Jeongneung Royal Tomb.

The first 5km are almost exclusively running through Jongmyo Shrine, along Cheonggyecheon Stream, and Hanyangdoseong (Seoul City Wall). The final 3km includes clearly signposted markers to Jeongneung Royal Tomb. Though the last stretch is not particularly scenic, its fairly direct and there is sidewalk space.

Author Messy
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 5 Sep 2019 13:12 
If you include tentitive sites, you can do the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park and the Guggenheim rather quickly (the statue of liberty is still on an island.)

Author Zoe
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 5 Sep 2019 14:44 
I did actually WALK from Central Park/Guggenheim via Times Square, 30 Rock, Empire State towards Battery Park, did the cruise tour and then past Brooklyn Bridge to the metro station there so it's easily doable running. The connection is only for WHS though and being on Liberty Island rather than just seeing it from the bay is much better :)

Anyone actually running these? Would be crazy to jog through Beijing with all the traffic and people, you have to watch out for turning cars from all sides at every traffic light. They don't stop for you. I have never seen anyone go running outside Chaoyang Park.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
Connections www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / Connections /
 Four WHS within running distance

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑