World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /  

Slippery Slope of Transboundary/Transnational Nominations

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 8 May 2022 11:49 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Cluniac Sites (France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom - England/Scotland)

A tentative nomination is expected in 2023/2024, with planned inclusion of about 70 components. This will be the next expansive European nomination and will likely receive some push back from ICOMOS and/or users in this community, but perhaps also some positive sentiments. With this precedent, could not any religious order seek to inscribe their entire collection of historic properties? Whether they be a sect that is Christian, Buddhist, Hindi, or Muslim? This already happens to some degree (but usually on a much smaller scale). The international cooperation amongst the EU and Europe broadly in regards to cultural heritage is admirable and a rare feat outside of Europe.

"Michel Gaudard hopes that the application can be submitted to UNESCO by 2027 and that the decision on inclusion will be made by 2030 at the latest. "Then I'm 92." https://www.derbund.ch/der-traum-vom-unesco-weltkulturerbe-246863317354?idp=OneLog&new_user=yes

Author Colvin
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 8 May 2022 19:57 | Edited by: Colvin 
winterkjm:
With this precedent, could not any religious order seek to inscribe their entire collection of historic properties?

I might argue the planned Moravian Church Settlements extension to Christiansfeld may set an earlier and potentially better precedent for transboundary/transnational religious nominations, since they have at least narrowed the proposal down to four total settlements (including the already inscribed Christiansfeld), each in a different country. If the Cluniac Sites nomination is going to go forward, I'd very much prefer the nomination be narrowed down to the best representative properties (which should be considerably less than 70 components).

Author csarica
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 8 May 2022 19:58 
winterkjm
Is there a list of these structures somewhere? I could not find with a google search.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 8 May 2022 21:01 | Edited by: winterkjm 
The count here is 82! Moreover, they expect more than 90 components to be included in 8 countries. This is on the official website.

https://candidature-patrimoine-mondial.sitesclunisiens.org/category-1-0-decouvrez-les-sites-candidats

Author csarica
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 8 May 2022 22:29 
winterkjm
Many thanks. I will go for a Germany trip next week. I may visit Calw.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /
 Slippery Slope of Transboundary/Transnational Nominations

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑