World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /  

Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Page  Page 46 of 46:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  44  45  46

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#676 | Posted: 21 Jul 2022 09:11 
Thanks for that Digits, (and for your current review of Vatnajökull)

So the new tenative list will be:
1. The Passage Tomb Landscape of County Sligo
2. Transatlantic Cable Ensemble: Valentia-Heart's Content, County Kerry (a serial transnational nomination with Canada)
3. Royal Sites of Ireland: Dún Ailinne County Kildare; Hill of Uisneach, County Westmeath; Rock of Cashel, County Tipperary; Rathcroghan County Roscommon and Tara County Meath; (potential for a serial transboundary nomination to include Emain Macha/Navan Fort, County Armagh)

The passage tombs in Sligo are new to me. I wonder if they may be too similar to Brú na Bóinne to gain traction, having said that I really loved visited the tombs at Loughcrew, so maybe these will be just as, if not more enjoyable.
I'm hoping I have actually been inside the boundary of the transatlantic cable site on Valentia Island whilst waiting for my boat to the Skelligs, I did intentionally venture there having read about teh cable in teh guidebook, but I probably got the wrong site.

These were the three other propossals:
4. The Cultural Landscape of the Burren Uplands, County Clare: Work on a full masterplan between Clare and Galway and support to be offered with an idea of re-adding it to the t-list in 2024
5. Iniscealtra (Holy Island), Co. Clare: No OUV
6. Glendalough Valley, County Wicklow: Putting together a masterplan as a National Park, probably come back when that is finalised

I'm really surprised Clonmacnoise has actually dropped off, having been rumoured to be the case, to my mind that is the finest non inscribed site in Ireland.
Dublin always felt like a bit of a convaluted long shot, so not surprised it was taken off, even if I was supportive myself.

Author elsslots
Admin
#677 | Posted: 26 Jul 2022 04:49 
Two new ones have appeared on the UNESCO website:

France
Saint-Honorat, Île monastique de l'archipel de Lérins à Cannes 21/07/2022
https://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6618/

Republic of Korea
Archaeological Remains at the Hoeamsa Temple Site in Yangju City 20/07/2022
https://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6617/

Page  Page 46 of 46:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  44  45  46 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /
 Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑