World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /  

Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Page  Page 41 of 41:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  39  40  41

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#601 | Posted: 17 Nov 2021 07:00 | Edited by: jonathanfr 
Italy:

New:

Historical theatres of the Marche Region (15/11/2021)
Nuragic monuments of Sardinia (15/11/2021)

Removed:

Parco Nazionale della Sila – Sila, gran bosco d'Italia
Historic centre of Pavia and Chartreuse
The city of Bergamo
Historic Centre of Lucca
Historic Centre of Parma
Ponds in the Bay of Oristano and the Sinis Peninsula island of Mal di Ventre
Fortress Town of Palmanova
Romanesque Cathedrals in Puglia
Taormina and Isola Bella
The Lower Palaeolithic Palaeosurfaces at Isernia-La Pineta and Notarchirico

To remove connections:
- On T List for a different nomination: Citte-fortezza di Palmanova, The city of Bergamo
- Already inscribed still on T List: Fortress Town of Palmanova / The city of Bergamo

So, we have 8 places to add in "Former" page

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/?state=it&

Author elsslots
Admin
#602 | Posted: 17 Nov 2021 09:46 
jonathanfr:
Removed:

The city of Bergamo
Historic Centre of Lucca
Historic Centre of Parma
Taormina and Isola Bella

Oh, they cleaned it up significantly!

Author elsslots
Admin
#603 | Posted: 17 Nov 2021 09:53 | Edited by: elsslots 
jonathanfr:

This one was fully inscribed under https://www.worldheritagesite.org/list/Venetian+Works+of+Defence I believe, so I will delete that one instead of making it a FTWHS. Don't know about Bergamo, if the scope was fully the same.

Author elsslots
Admin
#604 | Posted: 17 Nov 2021 10:00 
jonathanfr:

61 one of them! Mweh

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#605 | Posted: 18 Nov 2021 20:24 | Edited by: Astraftis 
jonathanfr:
Italy:

New:

Nuragic monuments of Sardinia (15/11/2021)

Removed:

The city of Bergamo
Historic Centre of Lucca
Historic Centre of Parma
Taormina and Isola Bella

To remove connections:
- On T List for a different nomination: Citte-fortezza di Palmanova, The city of Bergamo
- Already inscribed still on T List: Fortress Town of Palmanova / The city of Bergamo

So, we have 8 places to add in "Former" page

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/?state=it&

Oh!

Wasn't the Sila apparently scheduled for 2023? Anyway I am happy they didn't take away my beloved Emilian karst... but I am little bit surprised that they retired Pavia, Lucca and Parma. At least the first two have some potential. Maybe they have other plans, like linking Pavia to the Langobard's centers? That would be needed at last (e.g. San Michele). And Lucca might be at least considered for the associative value of its comics/gaming convention :-D And a pity for the Romanesque cathedrals, too. Also, I was intrigued by the Lower Palaeolithic Palaeosurfaces, but apparently there is not enough love for them and Molise (the region where they are, popularly said to "not exist"... somewhat like Bielefeld).

Now, I'll have to have a better look at these proposals, but it's already noticeable that there are more historical theatres in the Marches than nuragical monuments. As some kind of background, I can tell you that it's already some years, some time after the earthquake in 2016, I think, that they have been pushing Marches over anything else. You cannot listen to 5 minutes of radio without hearing Marches' advertising, and also in TV during the good season especially there's a kind of bombardment (one here). And of course, the testimonial is none else than Mancini, the coach of Italy, which does exactly that: he gives the number of historical theaters of his region (among others)... but the yare apparently 72! So Els, let's prepare for an extension :-P Who could've known that they would land on the T-list, but it seems to be part of the push.

Author clyde
Partaker
#606 | Posted: 19 Nov 2021 02:30 
Wow even Italy cleans up its tentative list. My guess is that Pavia and Romanesque Cathedrals will be nominated in another shape or form as they clearly have OUV. Only time will tell!

Author Pavel
Partaker
#607 | Posted: 19 Nov 2021 02:50 | Edited by: Pavel 
Astraftis
I understand extension of Nuraghes from 1 to 31. From practical point of view, one needs to travel to Barumini for ticking off the Nuragic WHS now. After extension, it will be more easier, and it is OK for me since all the Nuraghes are pretty the same :))

But I do not understand 62 theaters in Marche, why?? I understand the importance of the theatrical heritage of Italy. Opera has been invented there. But I cannot imagine that somebody would travel to, for example, to Montecarotto to see the theater...
However, there is one universal rule: "If you do not understand something, it is money". Thanks for your explanation!

The cleaning up should have been even more extensive, in my opinion, and yes, there is potential of extensions such as Longobards in Pavia...
I like the tomb of San Nicola in Bari, grifone of Bitonto, rosone of Troya cathedral, and the mosaic floor in Ottranto even without TWHS or WHS status.

Page  Page 41 of 41:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  39  40  41 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /
 Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑