World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /  

Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Page  Page 36 of 40:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#526 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 12:11 | Edited by: elsslots 
winterkjm:
New updates today.

You were slightly late winterkjm, jonathanfr is on top of it! (due to the French time zones I suppose)

Author elsslots
Admin
#527 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 12:12 
I still need to find 1 that has been removed. Have already checked all the large countries and all countries starting A-D, but to no avail

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#528 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 12:31 
elsslots:
I still need to find 1 that has been removed. Have already checked all the large countries and all countries starting A-D, but to no avail

Vietnam remains at 7, the new Vietnamese "The Yen Tu Complex of Monuments and Landscapes" replaces "The Complex of Yen Tu Monuments and Landscape"

Author elsslots
Admin
#529 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 12:49 
jonathanfr:
Vietnam remains at 7, the new Vietnamese "The Yen Tu Complex of Monuments and Landscapes" replaces "The Complex of Yen Tu Monuments and Landscape"

Ah, I did that but forgot to refresh the page. So back on 1753 and all good now.

Author hubert
Partaker
#530 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 15:24 | Edited by: hubert 
Sjobe:
I was also surprised about the Aalto site selection.

Thank you for providing the links and additional information. I must admit that the more I look into this proposal, the more I like it. I agree with you that the number of sites should be reduced. But why is the Helsinki University of Technology not included? I have always thought that the Auditorium building is one of Aalto's most iconic works.

Sjobe:
It is a pity that there are not any buildings from other countries.

I think this will follow when the proposal is prepared for nomination. And maybe also a German site will be included. There are six Aalto buildings in Germany.

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#531 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 03:13 
hubert:
But why is the Helsinki University of Technology not included? I have always thought that the Auditorium building is one of Aalto's most iconic works.

I also wondered that: why University of Jyväskylä but not Helsinki University of Technology which is generally better known work of Aalto. My guess is because the Aalto campus in Jyväskylä is very much in its original state, whereas the campus of Helsinki University of Technology (now Aalto University) has been altered quite a lot from the original plans.

hubert:
I think this will follow when the proposal is prepared for nomination. And maybe also a German site will be included. There are six Aalto buildings in Germany.

There was a hint of this in the TWHS description text:
"Alvar Aalto's works are also situated in other countries. Some of them, such as the Vyborg Library (1927–1935), the Baker House (1946–1949) and the Wolfsburg Cultural Centre (1958–1962), could present the aforementioned characteristics, supplementing the components of the series."

Actually those are just the buildings from other countries that I miss the most.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#532 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 06:42 
I would think that a serial nomination is complicated and reliance on other countries to pull their weight is more difficult than just doing it on their own, knowing it can get extended later anyway. Finland has enough components already, unlike e.g. Spas of Europe that has single entries all over the place.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#533 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 21:02 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Countries to expect a Tentative List Revision (new nominations and/or clean-up)

Bangladesh
- International Assistance Request 2019 to update tentative list
- All nominations are from 1999

Cambodia
- Tentative List of World Natural Heritage in preparation
- Updated cultural nominations posted Spring 2020 and natural nominations expected by Spring 2021

Japan
- 2 nominations from 1992
- The UNESCO's provisional list of candidates will be reviewed in March
- "The policy is to gather opinions around March, which may lead to a review of the provisional list"

Tanzania
- No inscriptions or new tentative nominations since 2006
- 2021-2023 Oman will support the updating of the Tentative List

Ukraine
- 4 nominations from 1989 (all include virtually no information in the UNESCO description)
- 2021-2022 "Revise the list of cultural heritage sites included in the tentative list for UNESCO World Heritage"

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#534 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 02:54 
winterkjm:
Ukraine
- 4 nominations from 1989 (all include virtually no information in the UNESCO description)
- 2021-2022 "Revise the list of cultural heritage sites included in the tentative list for UNESCO World Heritage"

I very much hope to see Chenorbyl appear on the UNESCO website, after some recent rumors.

Author Jurre
Partaker
#535 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 06:53 
The T Lists are so active all of a sudden. Is there a reason for that? is their a strategy?

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#536 | Posted: 3 Mar 2021 18:34 
Sites marquants de la Route de l'Esclave au Bénin
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6512/

Author elsslots
Admin
#537 | Posted: 4 Mar 2021 00:34 
It replaces (extends) the TWHS of Ouidah. I'll adjust the text and locations.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#538 | Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:18 
National Park Kytalyk (Russia)
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6520/

Author Zoe
Partaker
#539 | Posted: 25 Mar 2021 08:30 
jonathanfr:
National Park Kytalyk (Russia)

"The region is practically uninhabited and full of lakes and marshes" ^=^

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#540 | Posted: 27 Mar 2021 15:32 
Saint Kitts and Nevis planned Tentative List update May 2021

https://www.sknvibes.com/news/newsdetails.cfm/114954

Page  Page 36 of 40:  « Previous  1  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  Next » 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /
 Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑