World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /  

Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Page  Page 35 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  34  35  36  37  38  Next »

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#511 | Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:09 
Tajikistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (21/01/2021)

Turkmenistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (20/01/2021)

Uzbekistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (18/01/2021)

https://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/?&action=listtentative&pattern=&state=&theme=&criteria_restrication=&date_start=&date_end=&order=year

Author elsslots
Admin
#512 | Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:04 | Edited by: elsslots 
jonathanfr:
Tajikistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (21/01/2021)

Turkmenistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (20/01/2021)

Uzbekistan

Silk Roads: Zarafshan-Karakum Corridor (18/01/2021)

It seems to be a more focused renomination of the Silk Roads Sites TWHS in those countries. And a sign of an upcoming nomination.

P.S.: I have been adding the locations, but while there is some overlap most of the locations are new (and the coordinates hard to find, maybe I need to crack the code of those displayed at the unesco tentative page of those)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#513 | Posted: 25 Jan 2021 13:39 | Edited by: winterkjm 
elsslots:
It seems to be a more focused renomination of the Silk Roads Sites TWHS in those countries. And a sign of an upcoming nomination.

"The draft version of the Dossier was sent on September 30, 2020 for review and preliminary assessment by the UNESCO World Heritage Center (WHC). IICAS, as the Secretariat of this Nomination, continues working on the Nomination Dossier to have its final version submitted by February 2021."

http://unesco-iicas.org/press-office/News/%22Silk+Road%3A+Zaravshan-Karakum+Corridor%22

Author elsslots
Admin
#514 | Posted: 25 Jan 2021 13:45 
winterkjm:
submitted by February 2021."

They might even be just in time for the 2022 WHC then? (when they do so before Feb 1)

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#515 | Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:40 | Edited by: Sjobe 
elsslots:
P.S.: I have been adding the locations, but while there is some overlap most of the locations are new (and the coordinates hard to find, maybe I need to crack the code of those displayed at the unesco tentative page of those)

This map helps that task. I have been gone through these sites and I have to say that this nomination seems much more promising and more consistent than on the last round.

Author elsslots
Admin
#516 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 09:48 
Malaysia: The Archaeological Heritage of Niah National Park's Caves Complex, Sarawak, Malaysia (22/01/2021)
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6502/

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#517 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 10:43 | Edited by: winterkjm 
Andorra
Material evidence of the construction of the State of the Pyrenees: the Co-Principality of Andorra (01/28/2021)

France
Material evidence of the construction of the State of the Pyrenees: the Co-Principality of Andorra (01/25/2021)

Spain
Material evidence of the construction of the State of the Pyrenees: the Co-Principality of Andorra (01/25/2021)

Components
- Church of Sant Joan de Caselles
- Church of Sant Romà de les Bons
- Church of Sant Martí de la CortinadaChurch of Sant Climent de Pal
- Casa de la Vall
- Church of Santa Coloma
- Church of Sant Serni de Nagol
- Church of Sant Miquel d'Engolasters
- Roc d'Enclar archaeological area
- Roureda de la Margineda archaeological area
- Foix castle
- The entire Seu d'Urgell cathedral

Author elsslots
Admin
#518 | Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:09 
winterkjm:
Andorra
Material evidence of the construction of the State of the Pyrenees: the Co-Principality of Andorra (01/28/2021)

France

Spain

First impression - yet another try of the large countries (France, Spain) to piggyback on the nomination of a micro-state so they can keep on nominating 2 a year (in this case Andorra, but there is one from Monaco as well)

Author elsslots
Admin
#519 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 06:46 
To make the TWHS project even more interesting, UNESCO keeps on adding new TWHS.

Today:
Cold winter deserts of Turan (29/01/2021) by Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan

Author vantcj1
Partaker
#520 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 20:41 | Edited by: vantcj1 
I got this earlier today from the Alvar Aalto Foundation https://www.alvaraalto.fi/en/news/alvar-aalto-architecture-proposed-for-unesco-world-heritage-list/
2 sites achieved to be designed for inclusion in the Finnish TList "The workgroup estimated that two of the nominations had a chance of success in an international appraisal":

1) "Districts resulting from systematic housing work during and after the Second World War (1940–1954)" (most probably places like the oldest parts of Tapiola)
And, to my huge delight:
2) "Alvar Aalto's humane, modern architecture" (13 sites, listed below, all of them in Finland, but with the chance to being extended to further sites in other countries, most probably after the inscription of this first list):
-Studio Aalto.
-The Aalto house.
-Finlandia hall.
-Social Insurance Institution Main Office.
-House of Culture, Helsinki.
-University of Jyväskylä, Aalto Campus.
-Muuratsalo Experimental House.
-Paimio Sanatorium. The only one under the current TList.
-Seinäjoki Civic Centre.
-Sunila Pulp Mill Residential Area.
-Säynätsalo Town Hall. (My personal favorite)
-Villa Mairea.
-Church of the Three Crosses, Vuoksenniska.
Of course, who knows how such a large group will be seen by Icomos upon review and how many of them will make it to inscription.

Author Sjobe
Partaker
#521 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 00:49 | Edited by: Sjobe 
vantcj1:
2 sites achieved to be designed for inclusion in the Finnish TList "The workgroup estimated that two of the nominations had a chance of success in an international appraisal":

Finland's new tentative list is published. Please see my post from yesterday. I put it in the Aspiring to be on the T list section because it is Finland's proposal and not yet officially approved by UNESCO.

All the other current tentative sites but Ukonsaari will be wiped out from the list. From the original plans Districts resulting from systematic housing work during and after the Second World War (1940–1954) and second natural site were excluded.

I was also surprised about the Aalto site selection. It is a pity that there are not any buildings from other countries. And there seems to be an emphasis on the sites located in Helsinki. My personal opinion is that from these 13 sites I would take only half. I think Paimio Sanatorium, Villa Mairea, Säynätsalo Town Hall, Muuratsalo Experimental House, Church of the Three Crosses (Vuoksenniska Church) and Sunila Pulp Mill Residential Area are WHS worthy, maybe also the Aalto House and Studio Aalto would fit in this type of nomination. But, as the press release tell: "The number of sites in the set of sites may still change when preparations start for submitting the site on the tentative list for inscription to the World Heritage List". And I think those will change.

Els, about the TWHS project. Maybe it is not reasonable to work on the Finland's current T list. But you think it is, I can do that.

Author elsslots
Admin
#522 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 01:17 
Sjobe:
Maybe it is not reasonable to work on the Finland's current T list.

Yes indeed. Better wait for the new one.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#523 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 07:02 
Egypt

Egyptian Museum in Cairo (01/02/2021)

Rwanda

Parc national de Nyungwe (01/02/2021)

Viet Nam

The Yen Tu Complex of Monuments and Landscapes (01/02/2021)

Finland

The Architectural Works of Alvar Aalto - a Human Dimension to the Modern Movement (28/01/2021)
The Ringed Seal Archipelagos of Lake Saimaa (28/01/2021)

http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/?&action=listtentative&pattern=&state=&theme=&criteria_restrication=&date_start=&date_end=&order=year

Author elsslots
Admin
#524 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 07:24 | Edited by: elsslots 
6 have been removed as well, need to find those.... prob Finland?

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#525 | Posted: 3 Feb 2021 11:53 | Edited by: winterkjm 

Page  Page 35 of 38:  « Previous  1  ...  34  35  36  37  38  Next » 
What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / What are they doing all day in Paris anyway? /
 Tentative Lists (Progress, Development, Update)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑