And now to habitats (C):
We seem to have clear examples here of where recommendations were made re gaps which were well on the way to being filled when the report was issued
So the approach we have followed elsewhere of not looking before 2005 doesn't entirely work1 Cape Floral
- was filled in 2004 by the Cape Floral Region which had been first nominated as early as 20005 Rift Valley Lakes
- Kenya Lake system 201110 Tropical Montane Forests of Sumatra etc
- was "filled" in 2004 by Tropical Rainforest Sumatra25 European Saline Wetlands
- presumably the 2009 Wadden Sea "fills" this?
Then there are6 Tropical Mangroves
- Not clear what IUCN had in mind. All mangorves are tropical or sub-tropical - see the next Habitat which is certainly "Tropical" 15 Mangroves of Papua and N Australia
. I guess that IUCN had something in mind but the Lorentz Park in the Irian Jaya province of Papua includes mangroves and was inscribed back in 1999!
So - 4 "definites" and some queries to start with