Why not Rock Art for Toro Muerto?
Agreed also.... I don't know why.. It is clear in the text done by the community even without reading the UNESCO text!
Well, reviewing so many sites it is just natural to make some confusion at some point! Especially when we perhaps have different personal sensibilities and tend to focus on particular aspects, so we might be partial :-)
With regard to wine landscapes, I would tend towards Agriculture (as I have tried to do consistently) and even argue for a re-categorisation of existing wine- and similiaconnected sites that do not fall in this category
* * * * *
Now, it may be psosible that given Els's alphabetical and Solivagant's omegapsical progression, mine is kind of mucentrical
editerranean). So here is...
- Marshall Islands
-Likiep Village Historic District
- Colonial - Of the pacific kindNorthern Marshall Islands Atolls
- Insular; Fauna - More insular than this is difficult. And I will give preference to turtles over algae all the time...Mili Atoll Nature Conservancy (and Nadrikdrik)
- Flora; Insular - ... but coral is also nice! By the way, do we need a natural category "Underwater"? It is already under Marine? A moment: if corals aren't in fact plants (my blunder), then fauna would cover also the large populations of sharks, whales and so on. So, no Flora after all! The Great Barrier Reef is under Marine and coastal, however
(Federated states of) - together with PalauYapese Disk Money Regional Sites
- Transport and trade - This is the contribution of Yap...
- Yapease Quarry Sites
- Mines - ... and this the contribution of Palau! But why two different sites? And the name is quite confusing, since Yap is in MicronesiaImeong Conservation Area
- Pacific; Diverse ecosystems - Ouballang ra Ngebedech (Ngebedech Terraces)
- Clearly defined - Because it is a kind of "terraforming" for both agricultural and cultural purposesTet el Bad (Stone Coffin)
- Burial- Well, I would have chosen just "Object" if possible... Apart from that, weirdest entry for sure
- Papua New Guinea
-Huon Terraces - Stairway to the Past
- "Non-hominid fossils" - Epic name. Again a "turbulent geological" site, maybe we need Earth evolution alongside Human one?Kikori River Basin / Great Papuan Plateau
- Diverse ecosystems; Continuing - Fro mthe description, it is the definitive natural siteKokoda Track and Owen Stanley Ranges
- Diverse ecosystems; Continuing - Milne Bay Seascape (Pacific Jewels of Marine Biodiversity)
- Insular; Fauna - The Sublime Karsts of Papua New Guinea
- Karst landscapes and caves - Another very flowery nameTrans-Fly Complex
- Rivers and lakes; Continuing - Possible extension to KakaduUpper Sepik River Basin
- Diverse ecosystems; Continuing - Yes, I have used these combinations multiple times. The basin encompasses much more than the river system, going "from 0 to 3800 m asl"
-Sigatoka Sand Dunes
- Pacific - I would add Eroded, but it does not seem to be the pointSovi Basin
- Forest - Yaduataba Crested Iguana Sanctuary
- Fauna -
Other places are all already under someone else's sovereignity (as Tahiti).
* * * * *
This time I was overwhelmed by nature and biodiversity.