World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

TWHS Project

Page  Page 5 of 20:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  20  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#61 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 09:45 
Just finished Bhutan. Possibly the best Tentative List that I have come across so far. Of course Bhutan is still waiting for its first WHS and the major dzongs should be a shoo-in. Furthermore I liked Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary (remote mixed site, OUV partly based on occurrence of a yeti type being) and the Tamzhing Monastery (niche Buddhism). It has a fairly high number of natural TWHS. Manas probably would be an extension to the Indian WHS of the same name, although it is not presented that way explicitly.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 11:03 | Edited by: Zoe 
Sent, and rejected. "Your IP has been blacklisted."
Use this instead and delete the link in my post once you downloaded it please.

Let me know if the format is an issue in .docx.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#63 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 11:06 
elsslots:
Manas probably would be an extension to the Indian WHS of the same name, although it is not presented that way explicitly.

One would think so and it's very possible, but the Indian side looks vastly different due to encroachment and, well, people. Once you cross the border it's pure unspoiled jungle and while the Indian side might not admit it: the rare animals are only past the northern border.

Author elsslots
Admin
#64 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 11:14 
Zoe:
Let me know if the format is an issue in .docx.

No problem, it is great! Like receiving a book.

Author elsslots
Admin
#65 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 11:25 
Have finished Bolivia as well. Will now focus on moving all the content produced by Zoe to the website.

Author FredericM
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 20:55 
I just took a look at Canada's T sites. Great job Zoe, but shouldn't Gwaii Haanas be marked as an Extension to SGaang Gwai?

Author elsslots
Admin
#67 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 23:34 
To be fair to Zoe she did mention in her document "NOT marked as an extension but probably should be". I've put it down as an extension now, although it has different criteria and is mixed instead of cultural.

Author elsslots
Admin
#68 | Posted: 6 Feb 2021 02:10 | Edited by: elsslots 
Started the day with some more copy-paste work from the Book of Zoe and have done Botswana. Could use pictures for the latter's TWHS (except Chobe).

Brazil should be next in line for me. Its list is long but the one after is Bulgaria which I am dreading even more.

Author elsslots
Admin
#69 | Posted: 6 Feb 2021 10:19 
Finished Brazil. What a terrible T List. 3 sites already inscribed but still on T list (Atol das rocas, Anavilhanas, Serra do Bocaina). Furthermore lots of old entries and nondescript national parks. Serra da Capivara is an extension I guess (maybe to add the natural features or 3 new areas, we will never know as the text was written by an illiterate).

A few bright spots: Cedro Dam seems to be in a fairly interesting area (unreviewed, unvisited, newish with good description), the Ver-o-Peso market in Belem and the Acre Geoglyphs (relatively recently discovered 2000).

Author hubert
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 6 Feb 2021 14:43 | Edited by: hubert 
Germany done, two comments:

- The two TWHS Luther Memorials (extension) and Francke Foundation will very likely be withdrawn in the next revision of the T-List.

- The Palaces of King Ludwig II surprisingly have 4 locations.
The fourth is the King's House Schachen. It is listed in the T-list entry but not described further. It is a house in the mountains and belongs to Linderhof Palace.
https://www.schloesser.bayern.de/englisch/palace/objects/schachen.htm

Bad news for those who strive for completeness: "The King's House is located 1800 m above sea level and only accessible on foot. The walk up and down takes 6 to 7 hours!"

The coordinates are: 47.4198, 11.1127

Author Colvin
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 00:21 
Since I'm already at the back half of the alphabet, I can work on Zimbabwe next, if it is still available.

Author elsslots
Admin
#72 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 00:34 
Thank you Hubert, for providing all the data and a bunch of pictures for Germany.
Thanks also to Colvin who submitted most of the US pictures last night, so that country can be marked as complete as well.

In a week we have gathered:
- 219 pictures (12%)
- 283 intro texts (16%)

Keep up the good work, we will get to the finish!

Author elsslots
Admin
#73 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 00:35 
Colvin:
I can work on Zimbabwe next

Please!

Author elsslots
Admin
#74 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 00:36 
I will continue with Bulgaria.

Author hubert
Partaker
#75 | Posted: 7 Feb 2021 03:08 
I will continue with F - Fiji, Finland, France

Page  Page 5 of 20:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  20  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 TWHS Project

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑