World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

TWHS Project

Page  Page 4 of 19:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18  19  Next »

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#46 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 02:32 
elsslots:
Fixed again.

Thanks. I do notice though that the "rating" sections for TWHS goes past the margin now. In addition (without being a pain), I have tried to update a picture from a previously reviewed THWS, but it will not allow a new picture to replace the old one (regardless of size). Any suggestions for this?

Author Zoe
Partaker
#47 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 07:26 | Edited by: Zoe 
elsslots:
Quite remarkable that almost noone has visited and also no reviews yet.

Well I'm SORRY that I'm sidetracked by RL and all the other reviews I feel like I'm pumping out as I write the Tentative descriptions lol
Great Inagua is great - no pun intended - and it has both Tentative sites should the lighthouse be included in the end. I see some importance to them during the British Empire but that's about it. I'll post my thumbs down review at some point :)

In other news: Cuba and Jaimaica are done so just gonna do China from now on. Can't find many official websites for China.

Author elsslots
Admin
#48 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 11:38 
Are you going to send me the results of the countries you did so far, Zoe? So I can add them to the website. Or did your e-mails not survive the spam filter again?

Author elsslots
Admin
#49 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 11:40 
USA has been done now by Colvin. Only some photos to do on his backlog.

Author elsslots
Admin
#50 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 12:25 | Edited by: elsslots 
Barbados and Bangladesh done. Noteworthy regarding the latter is that the 2 TWHS Halud Vihara and Jaggadala Vihara are proposed as extensions to Paharpur Vihara WHS.

On to Belarus.

Author elsslots
Admin
#51 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 13:50 
Belarus done. Very messy and uninformative descriptions given; also the text of the wooden church(es) nomination accidentally (I guess) contains half of the old text of the Minsk FTWHS.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#52 | Posted: 4 Feb 2021 20:09 
elsslots:
Are you going to send me the results of the countries you did so far, Zoe?

It's all 1 document so I'd rather wait until it's all done. Not long to go.

Author elsslots
Admin
#53 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 00:08 
winterkjm:
it will not allow a new picture to replace the old one (regardless of size)

Which site is it and can you e-mail me the new picture? Could be the cache as well not showing.

Author elsslots
Admin
#54 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 00:15 
Today is my day for the B of Benin. More Google Translate to make sense of the French descriptions I guess...

Author elsslots
Admin
#55 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 01:28 
Benin for breakfast. No less than 3 TWHS have no official description at all! So had to be creative.

On to Bhutan.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#56 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 02:22 
elsslots:
Today is my day for the B of Benin. More Google Translate to make sense of the French descriptions I guess...

Yeah, when you shifted over Canada to me I had not thought about the Quebecois either...luckily it wasn't many and it's not like I can't read any French. Still feel it's odd that the UN doesn't allow Spanish but is fine with French. Same with the IOC, Fifa etc I guess.

Just came in to say I only got 15 more Ts for China left so I should be posting it over to you later tonight. For Southern Yue state I don't have a good picture and rather than look for one I noticed that Nan posted a review and didn't put a picture either. So maybe he can find some suitable for both the page and his review? I only have the museum entrance and the map of the Yue state - not great.

Author elsslots
Admin
#57 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 03:13 
Zoe:
so I should be posting it over to you later tonight.

Great!

Author Zoe
Partaker
#58 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 04:01 
elsslots:
Which site is it and can you e-mail me the new picture? Could be the cache as well not showing.

Same problem. I tried to update my pic for Vertical Vegetation Landscape and Volcanic Landscape in Changbai Mountain and it just keeps the same. My new pic is only 400k.

Author elsslots
Admin
#59 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 06:08 
I think it is your browser cache fooling you. If you empty that, the new pic will show up. At least that was what I saw at winterkjm's issue. The pics have the same name.

Author elsslots
Admin
#60 | Posted: 5 Feb 2021 06:30 
Thanks to warwass and Walter for delivering a bunch of TWHS photos.

Page  Page 4 of 19:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  16  17  18  19  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 TWHS Project

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑