World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

TWHS Project

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next »

Author Zoe
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 31 Jan 2021 19:44 
China has 2 extensions you missed:
Expansion Project of Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties: King Lujian's Tombs
China Altay
Although the latter may now be standing on its own. It was submitted as an extension before, pretty much sounds like an extension property but the description compares it to Golden Altay so I'm not sure.

Also it sounds like you are enjoying this, wouldn't want to butt in and take any task of writing descriptions away, would I? :)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 31 Jan 2021 20:28 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I got started and finished 7 Korean TWHS: Seoul City Wall, Upo Wetland, Southwestern Coast Tidal Flats, Oeam Village, Naganeupseong Town Fortress and Village, Ancient Mountain Fortresses of Central Korea, and Gaya Tumili

I will finish the rest soon. I chose not to use any of my own photos, but just official ones from the Cultural Heritage Administration website and information taken from the TWHS descriptions.

Author elsslots
Admin
#18 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 00:42 
meltwaterfalls:
Els how would you like these submitted?

The easiest I think is to send them by e-mail.

Thanks JT for the US already! And to the others for pitching in.

Author hubert
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 01:26 
I can do Austria. I should have photos from most of the sites.

Author elsslots
Admin
#20 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 01:52 
hubert:
I can do Austria.

Please! thanks in advance

Author elsslots
Admin
#21 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 01:53 
Zoe:
Also it sounds like you are enjoying this, wouldn't want to butt in and take any task of writing descriptions away, would I? :)

There are still lots left to do, don't worry. You could do Canada?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 02:57 
@Els: Long time no programming. Anything that needs to change in the code base to support you here?

Generally, if lockdown continues and we need another community project after TWHS. I would like to add areas and POIs to the site maps.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 03:35 
elsslots:
There are still lots left to do, don't worry. You could do Canada?

Ok, I'll do Canada, China, and Japan. I suggest adding claims to the first post?

Author elsslots
Admin
#24 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 06:32 
Zoe:
I suggest adding claims to the first post?

Done!

Author elsslots
Admin
#25 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 06:58 
nfmungard:
Long time no programming. Anything that needs to change in the code base to support you here?

Yes, could you make a function that retrieves the connected transnational TWHS? So we can generate a statement like "The Cold Winter Deserts of Turan (Uzbekistan) is part of a proposed transnational nomination together with The Cold Winter Deserts in Turkmenistan and The Cold Winter Deserts in Kazakhstan"?

The data is already there in the table site_tent.
PRD has the latest versions of the code.

Author FredericM
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 19:49 
I've been looking more in depth at Mexico and Peru's T sites lately. I could work on these.

Author Jasam
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 1 Feb 2021 22:04 
I can do Bosnia, for a start.

Author elsslots
Admin
#28 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 00:03 
Thanks Frederic and Jasam, I'll add your "claims" to the overview at the starting post of this topic.

Author elsslots
Admin
#29 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 00:17 
I did Azerbaijan last night and there are a few things to share:
* The mausoleum of Nakhinchevan turned out to be multiple mausoleums. 4 are mentioned in the text, I have added their locations to the map as well.
* The Tentative List has 2 sites in the exclave of Nakhchivan and 1 in the just reclaimed territory from Armenia in Nagorno-Karabakh (Shusha)
* I finally unravelled what lies behind the mysterious "Binegadi" 4th Period Fauna and Flora Deposit and "Baku Stage" Mountain
* Khinalig village and the Hirkan forests are the most recent TWHS and seem to be the most developed ideas
* Walter has written some great reviews on obscure Azeri TWHS.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#30 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 00:38 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I finished South Korea. I scheduled the emails to arrive soon (after checking time zones).

Page  Page 2 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11  12  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 TWHS Project

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑