World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2020

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Author tsunami
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 13 Aug 2020 06:18 | Edited by: tsunami 
Actually, I have created a whole 2-week itinerally around Greece, with a stop in Rhodes on Sep. 4 with intent to join you for drink/food but not for trip to Turkey (as I have been to Rhodes before and have a separate itinerary in western Turkey) and even purchased a plane ticket from Katowice, Poland, to Athens.

But, like others, my trip is also now in doubt, and I'm willing to forfeit my 20 USD ticket on Wizzair. This is unfortunate, as I thought Greece was a perfect country to go to this summer, because, even though the infection is rapidly increasing now, it still has relatively fewer infections than most other countries in the EU.

https://covid19.gov.gr/covid19-live-analytics/

I also noticed that on August 11 the Greek government announced that they now required negative PCR test certificate from people flying in from Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and Czechia in addition to Bulgaria (out of Schengen) that they previously announced. I have no idea how they will enforce this. Are they now going to check passports from those flying in from all Schengen countries? A friend of mine who recently flew into Athens from Germany reported there was no passport control in Athens for those flying in from the Schengen Area.

Author elsslots
Admin
#62 | Posted: 13 Aug 2020 14:41 
So I think the conclusion is that we should cancel the 2020 meetup in Rhodes.
Next Spring we can decide where we want to go in 2021.

Page  Page 5 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2020

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑