World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

New release of the website

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

Author elsslots
Admin
#91 | Posted: 30 Dec 2021 07:15 
Astraftis:
but still it doesn't appear.

It seems to be a bug, another user had it as well. I've corrected it for you now, will look into the structural solution

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#92 | Posted: 30 Dec 2021 14:09 
elsslots
Thanks!

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#93 | Posted: 6 Jan 2022 20:53 
I was wondering: is there a way to more or less automatically create hyperlinks from reviews to cited (T)WHSs? In a kind of Wikipedian style, for example. This would help following the own's curiosity when reading review :-)

Author Colvin
Partaker
#94 | Posted: 14 Mar 2022 21:06 
I like the new banners; I recognized the Gulf of California as soon as it showed up. Also, considering the events of the past couple weeks, I think the use of Lake Baikal later in the deck is a good replacement for Russia. Hope your travels are going well!

Author elsslots
Admin
#95 | Posted: 15 Mar 2022 04:40 
Thanks, Colvin. I find that the banners of natural WHS work the best.
(I am home again already, since Sunday!)

Author elsslots
Admin
#96 | Posted: 6 Apr 2022 04:16 | Edited by: elsslots 
I am currently working on a content upgrade, which aims to bring each WHS site page to a similar quality level.

Areas that I focus on:
- Main picture: size & sharpness of the picture
- Main text: not too long and not too short
- Site links (official and related): should work and not lead to overly commercial pages
- Reviews: review is of an actual visit (with a few exceptions, if valuable information is shared), the review is longer than 1 or 2 sentences, and complies with the rules regarding external blogs (so it should not just be a teaser for the reviewer's own blog)
- Reviews by myself: had already deleted all old, minimal ones; now working on moving the 'average' ones to the community review section (including spell check); will leave the better/longer ones or those for sites that have rarely been reviewed up for now

Have done the Americas, working on the Middle East now.

If you have any further suggestions or quick wins on the content side, please let me know.
Will come back in the end to ask for more pictures for sure!

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#97 | Posted: 26 Apr 2022 07:32 
Hey, what are you all thinking of adding a specific link for the related and possibly official apps in the page of each (T) site? Nowadays, apps are surely a reality and very widespread in my experience, and they can provide great enhancementes to a visit!

Author elsslots
Admin
#98 | Posted: 26 Apr 2022 07:47 
Astraftis:
what are you all thinking of adding a specific link for the related and possibly official apps in the page of each (T) site

We could have them of course, don't know if people use them.
Could you post some examples?

Author Zoe
Partaker
#99 | Posted: 26 Apr 2022 10:23 
There is the official Easter Island app that lets you skip the line at the airport and go paperless.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#100 | Posted: 26 Apr 2022 14:02 | Edited by: Astraftis 
elsslots
elsslots:
We could have them of course, don't know if people use them.
Could you post some examples?

OK, recently I have found (Apple versions, but of course there usually is the Android one, too):

- Rjukan-Notodden: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/rjukan-notodden-industriarv/id1378970471
- Aggersborg (Viking ring fortresses, T): https://apps.apple.com/mn/app/aggersborg/id1250361109
- Last SUpper: https://apps.apple.com/it/app/cenacolo-vinciano-official-app/id1472525168

And I am surely missing others. I am trying to use them whenever I find one, even though I have to say with mixed results. But overall I think they can be very nice if done well. In general, I am also observing a (not so positive, in my opinion) tendency to delegate audioguides and similar services to apps.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#101 | Posted: 17 May 2022 16:56 
Some other official apps of (T)WHSs:

- Padova: the Urbs picta app: here the bilingual announcement, and here it on Google Play this time.
- I will use it more extensively in a few days, but at first sight, though nice, it seems to fall victim to the pertinacious error of the equivalence app = young = game, so with rewards, point systems, and so on.

- Bagnoregio (T, upcoming): again on Google Play
- it tells you something, even if in a rather melodramatic (and to me a little cringy) way. Probably not so much else can be told... but still, rather useless.

Now, I don't know if this is the space to possibly collect other official apps, I can also stop here for the moment :-)

Author elsslots
Admin
#102 | Posted: 20 May 2022 12:32 
Astraftis:
if this is the space to possibly collect other official apps

Better have a separate topic for that. But first I'd like to have a look at a couple that you mentioned, to see whether it is of value to start inventorying them. Give me a couple of days..

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#103 | Posted: 20 May 2022 19:02 | Edited by: Astraftis 
elsslots:
Astraftis:
if this is the space to possibly collect other official apps

Better have a separate topic for that. But first I'd like to have a look at a couple that you mentioned, to see whether it is of value to start inventorying them. Give me a couple of days..

OK, happy exploration! Meanwhile, I've used some more the Urbs picta one, and it's actually a nice miniguide, though it decidedly needs some interventions (like langauge choice). I'm waiting for the possible separate topic!

Page  Page 7 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 New release of the website

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑