World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

New release of the website

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#31 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 14:09 
nfmungard:
Zoe

fix is with els. very simple. probably mistyped.

Fixed (I hope)

Author elsslots
Admin
#32 | Posted: 22 Dec 2018 02:56 
The country pages are missing the links to the country forum topics. Will add them

Author elsslots
Admin
#33 | Posted: 22 Dec 2018 04:39 | Edited by: elsslots 
elsslots:
The country pages are missing the links to the country forum topics. Will add them

Fixed. Now see that former TWHS are not showing on country page neither. Will repair...

Update:
Done as well. Country page will look complete again within an hour or so when caching kicks in.

Author elsslots
Admin
#34 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 03:44 | Edited by: elsslots 
Nan & I will be putting live a new version of the website this morning. So fasten your seatbelts because some turbulence may occur...

UPDATE
The new version is live now. All seems to work, although we haven't tested each and every page through yet. If you notice anything weird, please report it here.

I myself had a problem with the search listboxes on the index page, country page, site page etc not prefilling. That, and some colour issues on the buttons, needs cleaning of your browser cache. This is how to do that on Chrome (clearing the cache is enough, you can keep the cookies). The issue will also dissappear with time, but that can take days.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 05:29 
Copy of my release notes; Els beat me to the punch :)

Happy to report the newest release is live. Please post any findings here. You may need to refresh your browser as the CSS and the JS have changed.

Things we did:

Tentative Ratings
You can now vote up/down for tentative sites. For the time being it's only on the tentative site itself. If this is used we will add it to the ranking page and make use of this more prominently.

Edit Mode for Ratings
Me and Paul repeatedly voted without intending to do so, simply by scrolling. To vote on a site page, you now need to click "vote" first.

Rating Stats
If you like stats (Standard Deviation, Variance), you can now check globally or per user how their ratings compare to the rest.

My page (linked near ratings on profile page): https://www.worldheritagesite.org/community/Nan/rating+stats

Community page (linked in Most Popular): https://www.worldheritagesite.org/community/rating+stats

Unreviewed/Unrated
You can find this information from the most prolific ranking. Or directly via this:
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/ranking/unreviewed+or+unrated

Maps
Unfortunately we had to undo the mapbox usage as they don't offer quotas and intended to charge us for usage. To manage usage a bit better we have implemented load on request only for sites and tentative sites. You need to click a button for the map to show. This will be rolled out to all maps within the following weeks. Hope is that this will help us that google maps helps. Alternatively I will connect yet another map service.

Search Boxes
We have implemented more quick access boxes for Years, Connections and Tentative Sites. I think eventually we will also add one for users and other types of data.

Tentative Review Proposals
The page nudges you to write reviews for tent sites you have visited and that have few reviews.

Performance
I think there are some performance improvements we did, e.g. your admin screen loads faster.

Admin
Els now also can use TinyMCE for her blogs and site data.

Cache Refresh
If a review is published the cache will refresh automatically so the site page should be in sync. No more missing reviews when you click on the read more link.

Featured Blogpost
If all goes by plan, Els blog posts will be features on the top of the site when she publishes.

Updated Libs
Some of the libs we used were old. We updated them.

Author elsslots
Admin
#36 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 05:34 
nfmungard:
Search Boxes
We have implemented more quick access boxes for Years, Connections and Tentative Sites. I think eventually we will also add one for users and other types of data.

These are my favourites!
Thanks a lot Nan for the whole release

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#37 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 05:41 
elsslots:
Thanks a lot Nan for the whole release

Hear, hear!!

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 05:43 
elsslots:
These are my favourites!

My brother came up with those. He was like why can't I search for XY? And I was like, okay. And then it turned out that the already existing search boxes plus the factories already enabled me to get there quite quickly :)

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 11:52 
Is Quick access" - Countries and Sites working ???
Whatever I enter from 1 character (e.g "I") through to a complete entry (e.g "India") returns "No results matched "xxxxx" "

Author elsslots
Admin
#40 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 13:16 | Edited by: elsslots 
Solivagant:
Is Quick access" - Countries and Sites working ???
Whatever I enter from 1 character (e.g "I") through to a complete entry (e.g "India") returns "No results matched "xxxxx" "

It is, but I also notice that it sometimes does not do what I expect. When you go to a country page, the little triangle to the extreme right of the search box sometimes points downwards. In that case, the search does not work. It does when it faces upwards.

Can you have a look, Nan?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 13:21 
elsslots:
It is, but I also notice that it sometimes does not what I expect. When you go to a country page, the little triangle to the extreme right of the search box sometimes points downwards. In that case, the search does not work. It does when it faces upwards.

Can you have a look, Nan?

can you send me a mail with a screenshot? for me it works fine. could be the particular country that something is wrong with the page as is.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 13:25 | Edited by: Solivagant 
elsslots:
It is

I am on "Home".
I look at "Quick Access"
If I click on (say) "Countries" I get a drop down but whatever I type in just gets "No results matched..."
Presumably typing "i" should get all countries beginning with "i" (a fair number) - reducing as extra characters are added.
But it doesn't.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 13:32 
Solivagant
Can you please do a hard reload as indicated by Els? Are you using a current browser? Are you working on a Desktop or on mobile? Please send me a screenshot via mail.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 14:03 
nfmungard:
Can you please do a hard reload as indicated by Els

Sorry - I hadn't seen that from earlier. It has cleared the problem

Author elsslots
Admin
#45 | Posted: 9 Feb 2019 22:13 
Assif:
Thanks for the new feature, nfmungard. GroƟglockner and Writing-on-Stone are not working for some reason.

Clicking on these 2 TWHS leads to a Fatal error: Uncaught Error

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 New release of the website

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑