| Forums | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /

New release of the website

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next »  
Author nfmungard
Registered
#16 | Posted: 18 Dec 2018 04:43 
new bug:
* tentative site links get a /former/ included. no impact on link working but should be without

Author elsslots
Admin
#17 | Posted: 18 Dec 2018 08:06 
and another one:
* individual blogpost from archive does not open but redirects to blog homepage (for example https://www.worldheritagesite.org/blog/214)

Author nfmungard
Registered
#18 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 01:03 
url path issues were hopefully simple to resolve and correction provided.

the missing thing is probably due to caching of the location data on the webserver. i will have to do a bit more here and wont be able to do this this morning.

Author elsslots
Admin
#19 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 01:43 
nfmungard:
i will have to do a bit more here and wont be able to do this this morning.

no worries of course
i've implemented the other fix & renamed the class for all blog photos, so they are now mobile friendly as well

Author Colvin
Registered
#20 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 02:59 
I really like the new banners recently added, particularly the one from Iran!

Author nfmungard
Registered
#21 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 06:46 
Colvin:
I really like the new banners recently added, particularly the one from Iran!

every time i see els having put up a new one i click through all to see if anything else is new. real fun.

wondering if maybe we should have a gallery section? we were trying to do this via instagram but their API really sucks as it's nearly impossible to embed a users feed here.

Author Kbecq
Registered
#22 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 09:31 
Fyi, the issue mentioned above by mrayers still seems to be the case for our profile page (and two random other ones I've checked), i.e. the same locations are shown for both visited and missing sites.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#23 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 10:35 
Kbecq:
Fyi, the issue mentioned above by mrayers still seems to be the case for our profile page (and two random other ones I've checked), i.e. the same locations are shown for both visited and missing sites.

Known issue (see above). Probably caching as we nowadays generate the gps coordinates into a stored file. It seems the browser/webserver does not refresh the file upon regeneration.

Should be fixed over the weekend.

Author elsslots
Admin
#24 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 14:15 
Colvin:
I really like the new banners recently added

I try to find one for each country, but it is not that easy because the picture cannot have any white in it (the text will not be visible then) and I hope to vary the colours a bit so that it is not all grey and brown

Author elsslots
Admin
#25 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 22:01 
nfmungard:
Known issue (see above). Probably caching as we nowadays generate the gps coordinates into a stored file. It seems the browser/webserver does not refresh the file upon regeneration.

For the time being, as a workaround, I have disabled the caching for this specific page. The switching between Missing and Visited seems to work now.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#26 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 00:43 
elsslots

yep. makes sense. caching prevents the coordinates from being regenerated. so the old ones remain. will fix that.

Author nfmungard
Registered
#27 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 02:48 
Fixes:
* Profile page for non active members is fixed.
* Map toggle for users is fixed.

I am not aware of any other findings. From now on we will go back to small releases, so the hassle should be a lot less next time.

Author Colvin
Registered
#28 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 06:44 
nfmungard:
wondering if maybe we should have a gallery section?

That would be an awesome way to see a lot of great photos of sites, but would it also take up a lot of memory? What type of gallery section are you thinking? A general one? One for each type of WHS (cultural, natural, mixed)? One for each country? One for each site?

elsslots:
I try to find one for each country

That portends quite a lot of banners! I think you've done a good job balancing cultural and natural sites, as well as keeping some color variety in your selections. I'm enjoying scrolling through (and I noticed your recent additions as well; some day I'll have to find my way to Meteora!).

Author Zoe
Registered
#29 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 09:07 
When I try to Edit Profile I get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method whs\model\User::has_image() in /usr/home/elsslots/public_html/community/edit_profile.php:100 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /usr/home/elsslots/public_html/community/edit_profile.php on line 100

*Sad puppy*

Author nfmungard
Registered
#30 | Posted: 20 Dec 2018 12:41 
Zoe

fix is with els. very simple. probably mistyped.

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website / New release of the website Top

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®