Short summary of what we did today. And what is more to come.
My original plan was to quickly migrate the website to bootstrap 4. Turns out, this was not so quick as Bootstrap 3 (prior) and Bootstrap 4 (now) are very different beasts. And when you start touching each page, I figured we could also apply a few new touches... With Els and me being quite frequently away this took way longer than anticipated.
* Most noticably are probably the new title images. I have to admit, I really enjoy just clicking through them.
* We also added a proper menu bar to the title bar to group all the different pages. This should give you a better idea of the all the content we have.
Ever since google changed their maps invoicing we have had to limit usage quite drastically. To deal with this we have made a few changes.
* Profile maps require a minimum contribution to the community. You should at least fill out your profile, rate a site or write a review.
* We use mapbox and streetview instead of google maps for all site maps. I still need to figure out how to apply the colors for the site type, but think this is good enough as is.
* The ratings are now used even more excessively across the page.
* The user page will also ask for reviewing unreviewed sites with each login..
* The layout has changed and the preview is a bit longer.
* Each review contains a link you can use if you want to share your review.
* The user area has changed. Buttons are at the top and a welcome message is written..
* It also nudges the user a bit more to write reviews, or rate.
* Performance was also improved.
We will take care of any findings, hopefully before Els departs on her next trip.
* Country ranking and recent rating list.
* Allow every user to see their own map from their profile page.
* Make fonts bolder.
* Make title image a bit higher.
Big next topics for me are:.
* Els only: Blog post handling
* Tentative thumbs up/thumbs down.
* Make the menu on a mobile nicer.