World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2019

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#106 | Posted: 1 Aug 2019 01:58 
I will clarify this. Thanks Els and Paul.

Still: The list price is per person. We were a group of 8. I expect a company to offer some preferential treatment if what we wanted wasn't available and their plan B is to do sth with Harris.

Author kintante
Partaker
#107 | Posted: 2 Aug 2019 02:07 
I added a review in German. I encourage other community members involved in this to do the same. Their current rating is def too high on trip advisor for that kind of performance.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#108 | Posted: 3 Aug 2019 10:30 
Those in whatsapp already know. Our provider Go to St Kilda is quite adept at having tripadvisor.com take down negative reviews within 24h. I have filed a complaint with tripadvisor, but don't expect much of it. My guess is that effectively all reviews unless trivial or written by a lawyer violate tripadvisor's policies in some form or another. And I don't think tripadvisor is interested at all in investigating (= spending money) here. Easier to simply pull the review.

Based on all the communications we have had by now with them and some digging by Thomas and Paul, I just want to say that you should really consider if you want to use Go to St Kilda's services. If you plan to book a boat, go from Harris. Check out the boats.

Some lessons learnt on tripadvisor:
* Only 5* reviews for a service that gets canceled is a red flag. Better a provider who can accept negative feedback.
* Similar reviews (word, feedback) is a red flag.
* Tripadvisor shows too good rating on average.

That's it from my side.

@Els: I may write a review, but would align the content with you.

Page  Page 8 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2019

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑