World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2019

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#46 | Posted: 4 Oct 2018 07:17 
So 8pm Oxford Bar on Friday 19th July 2019?
I'll be the one reading an Inspector Rebus novel with a pint of Deuchars IPA :) (That will probably narrow it down to about 60% of the clientele I would assume)

I jest, the locals will probably know a better location to meet but hopefully I should be there, probably with Mrs and Miss meltwaterfalls in tow.

Author Iain Jackson
Partaker
#47 | Posted: 11 Oct 2018 15:25 
Els, Can you put me in touch with my fellow Edinburgher, Allan. An email address and /or phone number perhaps. I think we have much to discuss.

Author elsslots
Admin
#48 | Posted: 12 Oct 2018 05:43 
Iain Jackson:
Els, Can you put me in touch with my fellow Edinburgher, Allan. An email address and /or phone number perhaps. I think we have much to discuss.

Done, check your e-mail!

Author elsslots
Admin
#49 | Posted: 16 Jan 2019 13:52 | Edited by: elsslots 
We are still busy to fill the last spots on the 2 chartered boats:
- we have now directly 2 spots available (1 from a cancellation and 1 that was still open)
- 5 other spots are still wait-listed until February 1; I've sent an e-mail out to the 5 people that showed interest last year but were not ready to decide (Samuel, Natasa, Cezar, Jacob, Thomas vdW) to rsvp - if they do not, these spots will become available to others as well.

So if you'd like to join and you are not already on this list, send me an e-mail or reply here!

Author elsslots
Admin
#50 | Posted: 19 Jan 2019 09:21 
elsslots:
We are still busy to fill the last spots on the 2 chartered boats:
- we have now directly 2 spots available (1 from a cancellation and 1 that was still open)
- 5 other spots are still wait-listed until February 1; I've sent an e-mail out to the 5 people that showed interest last year but were not ready to decide (Samuel, Natasa, Cezar, Jacob, Thomas vdW) to rsvp - if they do not, these spots will become available to others as well.

So if you'd like to join and you are not already on this list, send me an e-mail or reply here!

Thanks Cezar, Samuel and Natasa for 3 additional confirmations!

Author elsslots
Admin
#51 | Posted: 25 Jan 2019 23:46 
I'm pleased to share that Thomas Van der Walt and Jacob Choi have also confirmed.

So there are only 2 spots on the boats left!
I will do some additional communication to our community to try and fill these.

Author elsslots
Admin
#52 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 00:06 
I've sent a mass e-mail out yesterday to fill the last 2 spots. Which has resulted in more interest and a confirmed #23 (Kelly Henry).

Author elsslots
Admin
#53 | Posted: 8 Feb 2019 11:08 
#24 is in too (hi Claire!), so we are fully booked

I will now go on and send the payment details to the participants

Author Allan
Partaker
#54 | Posted: 18 Mar 2019 15:58 
I've recently been in discussion with my fellow Edinburgher Iain Jackson about the Meetup. We were both wondering how many of the group are thinking of stopping by/visiting Edinburgh as part of their trip? I know there was a potential meetup on Skye discussed, but we weren't sure if there was an Edinburgh version planned.

I should also say that I have been a member of Edinburgh World Heritage (https://ewh.org.uk/). I've spoken to them recently, mentioning the upcoming WHS meetup. While they are not running any events that would coincide with everyone's visit, they did very kindly offer to provide me with the script so that I can offer the tours myself. Having done a few in the past, I can say they are of a good quality, and cover a wide range of topics of interest to the WHS traveller.

We were wondering if there was any appetite for this sort of thing, and if so, what sort of numbers?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#55 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 02:04 | Edited by: nfmungard 
meltwaterfalls:
So 8pm Oxford Bar on Friday 19th July 2019?

@Allen: I was going to join in the beer at Oxford bar. I don't know I need a guided tour on Saturday as I wanted to go to New Lanark instead. I will be heading off North on Sunday. Edinburgh will be rather squeezed in, probably getting a more thorough visit on my last day of the trip one week later.

Author clyde
Partaker
#56 | Posted: 19 Mar 2019 06:25 
I will be in Edinburgh after St Kilda meetup

Author elsslots
Admin
#57 | Posted: 3 Apr 2019 13:19 
I am happy to announce that I have received all payments & that I just paid the remaining amount to the boat company.

For those on the waiting list: everything is full at the moment and I expect it to stay this way.
In case of last minute cancellations I'll get to you.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#58 | Posted: 13 Apr 2019 23:04 
Just a reminder for those going to St. Kilda that the Isle of Skye is very popular in summer, and, if you haven't taken care of it yet, it is better to secure lodging sooner rather than later.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#59 | Posted: 14 Apr 2019 10:50 
Colvin:
the Isle of Skye is very popular in summer, and, if you haven't taken care of it yet, it is better to secure lodging sooner rather than later.

See -
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/isle-of-skye-police-tourists-no-hotel-reservation-scotland-highlands-room-accommodation-a7898411.html
and -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40874488

Author elsslots
Admin
#60 | Posted: 9 Jun 2019 13:23 
Due to a cancellation we have now 1 spot available again.
So when you're interested to join, this is a last chance!

Drop me an e-mail at els@worldheritagesite.org or make yourself known here in the forum topic.

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2019

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑