World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2019

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 11:35 
Allan:
Additionally, my colleague is from Orkney, she says if you're going by plane, book now, as they quickly fill up during for the summer months.

Yep I can say that correlates with what I've been told as well.

When I used to look into flights to Kirkwall they were rather pricey. From London it was fairly regularly coming out as cheaper to get return flights to Tehran than Kirkwall at short notice.

Author elsslots
Admin
#32 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 22:05 
To all interested in going to St. Kilda: just got an answer back from gotostkilda on Skye:
- they will have 2 boats running from next year as well
- a private hire works out slightly cheaper than individual seats (233 pound pp), but it is our responsibility to fill the boats (otherwise the pp price rises)

Shall I try to make a reservation for both boats on July 26?
I have looked into the alternative on Harris, but that is so much more difficult (and costly, both in time and money) to reach.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 18 Sep 2018 00:42 
If you are filling a second boat, I just may have to try to make it across the pond for one of these WHS trips. St. Kilda would finish off Scotland, and 26 July is open so far for me.

Author elsslots
Admin
#34 | Posted: 18 Sep 2018 01:41 
#23 is Jacob Choi (optional), #24 is Colvin (optional)

Author elsslots
Admin
#35 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 07:53 | Edited by: elsslots 
OK guys, I have just confirmed the hire of 2 boats for our 2019 trip to St. Kilda. The date will be 26 July, and the (weather) backup date is 25 July (so 1 day before, the day after was already booked). So you need to arrive at Skye / Stein at least on the evening of July 24th.

See https://www.worldheritagesite.org/meetup/2019 for details.

Now the numbers 1 to 24 of the 'interest' list are first eligible to claim their spot on the boat:
- If you confirm (by e-mail to me, here on the forum or in our whatsapp group), you have committed to acquiring a spot on the boat and have to pay up (even when you have to cancel for what reason).
- I recommend that you have travel insurance in case you unexpectedly require to cancel at short notice.
- Payments are due (to me) before July 12th 2019. Final cost yet to be announced, because it is due to the number of participants. When both boats are full, the cost will be 233 GBP per person.
- When you are on the list below and have decided not to follow through with a confirmation, please give up your spot so others can take your place.

Here's the list again:
1. Els (**Confirmed**)
2. Nan (**Confirmed**)
3. Hubert (**Confirmed**)
4. Craig (**Confirmed**)
5. Clyde (**Confirmed**)
6. Wojtek (**Confirmed**)
7. Allan (**Confirmed**)
8. Kelly Henry (**Confirmed**)
9. Randi Thomsen (**Confirmed**)
10. Svein Heltberg (**Confirmed**)
11. Lara Adler (**Confirmed**)
12. Jasam (Samuel) (**Confirmed**)

boat 2:
13. Thomas Buechler (**Confirmed**)
14. Ivan (**Confirmed**)
15. Martina (**Confirmed**)
16. Natasa (**Confirmed**)
17. kintante (**Confirmed**)
18. wife of Allan (**Confirmed**)
19. Claire (**Confirmed**)
20. Thomas Van der Walt (**Confirmed**)
21. Cezar (**Confirmed**)
22. Luis Filipe Gaspar (**Confirmed**)
23. Jacob Choi (**Confirmed**)
24. Colvin (**Confirmed**)

Author tryharder
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 12:46 
Hey Els all in for the trip to St Kilda!

Author elsslots
Admin
#37 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 12:49 
tryharder:
Hey Els all in for the trip to St Kilda!

Guess that's a (**Confirmed**) for Craig..

Author tryharder
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 13:17 
Yes it is!

Author kintante
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 13:46 
I confirm for 2 people (me and wife)

Author laraadler
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 17:03 
Hi Els,
I am all in for St. Kilda. Looking forward to it.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#41 | Posted: 19 Sep 2018 18:52 
I also will confirm.

Author Allan
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 20 Sep 2018 03:59 
Hi Els,
Just to confirm that myself and my wife will be there as well.

Author elsslots
Admin
#43 | Posted: 21 Sep 2018 22:07 
elsslots:
20. FREE SPOT

This one will be taken by Thomas Van der Walt

Author Iain Jackson
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 28 Sep 2018 19:06 
I'm sorry to have been absent from this discussion so far. You people move too fast for an old geezer like me. Anyway, I'm delighted that it's been decided to come to Scotland. All things considered I think late July is a good time. I will NOT come to St Kilda but would love to visit Edinburgh, The Forth Bridge, The Antonine Wall, New Lanark. Hadrian's Wall, The Lake District and all points south in the company of some/all of you.
If Allan can make himself known to me I'll be happy to talk about arrangements to be made, but I think a limit of 2 days will severely constrain what we can do. And don't forget, for those who care about these things that there's a tentative list site Jarrow/Monkwearmouth/Abbeys within striking distance too.
Thanks to the organisers for a great trip to Bulgaria.

Author Allan
Partaker
#45 | Posted: 1 Oct 2018 17:23 
Iain Jackson:
If Allan can make himself known to me I'll be happy to talk about arrangements to be made

Happy to help, just let me know what works best for you.

In general, I'm also available if anyone wants a tour of Edinburgh - I've been involved with local heritage groups for a while, so I know a few of the less obvious interesting things about the Old/New Towns

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2019

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑