| Begin | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2019

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#16 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 13:18 | Edited by: elsslots 
nfmungard:
Is 12 a hard limit by the authorities? Or is this the size of a single boat, more boats being available especially if we charter it fully?

Size of boat. We can have more boats indeed, but 24 people would be hard to find I guess.

Here's the list so far, on a first come first serve basis (sort of):
1. Els
2. Nan
3. Hubert
4. Craig
5. Clyde
6. Wojtek
7. Allan
8. Iain Jackson (space held open for him, as we're coming to his home turf - he has yet to show interest in coming)
9. Randi Thomsen (showed interest during conversation at 2018 meeting)
10. Svein Heltberg (see Randi)
11. ....
12. ...

@kintante: are you coming to St.Kilda as well?

nfmungard:
We should maybe do a preliminary check who would be interested. I don't think anyone would travel to Skye if there isn't a spot on the boat.

We have to pre-book loooooong beforehand. And probably pay as well. So you're in or you're out. Will start enquiries asap. Pets and children under 12 are not allowed by the tour company.

Author joelonroad
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 13:51 
As much as we'd love to see St Kilda (I imagine it's much nicer than its namesake in Melbourne!), I think we'll have to gracefully pass on this one as we're refocusing to Asia for our travels next year. Will be following with interest though!

Author elsslots
Admin
#18 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:06 | Edited by: elsslots 
UPDATE
Here's the list for St. Kilda so far, on a first come first serve basis (sort of):
1. Els
2. Nan
3. Hubert
4. Craig
5. Clyde
6. Wojtek
7. Allan
8. Iain Jackson (space held open for him, as we're coming to his home turf - he has yet to show interest in coming)
11. Lara Adler (showed interest by e-mail)
12. ...

@kintante: are you coming to St.Kilda as well?

Author elsslots
Admin
#19 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:10 
joelonroad:
I think we'll have to gracefully pass on this one as we're refocusing to Asia for our travels next year

And Schnitzel is not allowed on the island!

Author laraadler
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 14:31 
I am also keen on the St. Kilda trip. Also, the Scotland- Great Britain sites mentioned above would also be appealing to me.

Author Jasam
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 17:56 
elsslots
I'm in!

Author clyde
Partaker
#22 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 18:25 
great tentative plan @Nan. only visited Durhan out of those whs. How would you plan to cover Orkneys in the shortest time possible? I guess by plane? From where? Interested to know to possibly allow more time to Lake District by car

Author elsslots
Admin
#23 | Posted: 16 Sep 2018 22:35 
UPDATE
Here's the list for St. Kilda so far, on a first come first serve basis (sort of):
1. Els
2. Nan
3. Hubert
4. Craig
5. Clyde
6. Wojtek
7. Allan
12. Jasam (Samuel)

Author sveinh
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 01:58 
I'm happy to see you've counted us in Els! We would very much like to come although we've done everything else I Scotland

Author Peter Loov
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 06:19 | Edited by: Peter Loov 
nfmungard

Author Peter Loov
Partaker
#26 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 06:57 | Edited by: Peter Loov 
nfmungard
I think the suggestion is great ! We can meet and do separate travels due to what we have done previuously. I support this fully ! For myself I will go to the Orkneys ! History and Birds will bring me there ! I miss Forth Bridge and would love to revist New Lanark that I have high ranking on. I have been to 2 locations on Antonine Wall so maybee I can add some more. I will join that day for sure !

Author scleaver
Partaker
#27 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 07:34 
elsslots:
And Schnitzel is not allowed on the island!

Schnitzel hasn't visited any WHS in Australia, because he's banned from most of them :(

Author scleaver
Partaker
#28 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 07:36 
clyde:
How would you plan to cover Orkneys in the shortest time possible?

Last year we visited the Orkneys on a coach trip from Inverness. We missed stopping at one of the standing stones (just a drive by), but it was great leaving the long return trip to someone else. Here's the trip we took: http://www.jogferry.co.uk/getdoc/e6ba3c39-e306-48e1-b33c-c0127e3546f8/Inverness.aspx

Author Allan
Partaker
#29 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 09:08 
clyde:
How would you plan to cover Orkneys in the shortest time possible?

The quickest possible way to visit Orkney is by plane from Edinburgh to Kirkwall, and then to either take the bus or rent a car. I think realistically, you would need a least an overnight stay. Planes are three times a day, though pretty pricey for non-islanders. Additionally, my colleague is from Orkney, she says if you're going by plane, book now, as they quickly fill up during for the summer months.

Author elsslots
Admin
#30 | Posted: 17 Sep 2018 09:37 
UPDATE
1. Els
2. Nan
3. Hubert
4. Craig
5. Clyde
6. Wojtek
7. Allan
12. Jasam (Samuel)

waiting list/boat 2:
13. Thomas
14. Ivan
15. Martina
16. Natasa
17. kintante
18. wife of Allan
19/20. wife + kid of kintante (optional)
21. Cezar
22. Vanessa (optional)
23. ...
24. ...

Due to the high interest, we are now looking into a second boat and therefore may need to switch from Skye to Harris as departure point

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2019

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑