World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

WHS Meetup 2018

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author tryharder
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 3 Aug 2018 18:39 
Hello boracay!
I would be interested in your itinerary following the General Meeting!
Regards Craig

Author elsslots
Admin
#62 | Posted: 4 Aug 2018 01:23 
tryharder and boracay - I've sent you both an e-mail so you can communicate further offline

Author elsslots
Admin
#63 | Posted: 19 Aug 2018 10:01 
An update:
I hope to send out the detailed programme to the participants this Friday.
It still proves quite hard to organize anything 'special' in Bulgaria. I do have the Bradt Bulgaria guide now and it has been of no help at all. Srebarna even isn't in it!

We have 14 participants confirmed. If you want to join last minute - that's still possible. Just drop me an e-mail.

Author elsslots
Admin
#64 | Posted: 26 Aug 2018 14:25 
I just sent out the programme to the participants. If you did not receive it, please drop me an e-mail.

Author kintante
Partaker
#65 | Posted: 28 Aug 2018 04:02 
Looking forward to meeting you guys again (and some for the first time) next week! And thank you Els for the programme!

Author Iain Jackson
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 29 Aug 2018 13:08 
I plan to be in the Morski Valk restaurant (Ulitsa Odrin 21, Varna) from about 1930 on Thursday 6 September. If anyone else is able to join me I would be delighted.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 30 Aug 2018 10:23 
Ah now I feel sad for not being able to join you guys for this one.

Have a bottle of Bolyarka for me.

Author Jasam
Partaker
#68 | Posted: 31 Aug 2018 04:58 
meltwaterfalls:
Have a bottle of Bolyarka for me.

You deserve more than just one, my friend.

Author Peter Loov
Partaker
#69 | Posted: 31 Aug 2018 13:00 
Just packing my bag for off to Romania ! I will make a detour via Dracula country before our meetup ! I am sooo exicited to meet you all again :) Really looking forward to 2 days travel with you all !

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 1 Sep 2018 03:56 
Iain Jackson:
Morski Valk

Not sure how long it will take me to get from the airport to the hotel and then the restaurant. Will try to make it around 8-8:30h.

Author Iain Jackson
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 2 Sep 2018 18:58 
That's great , Nan. You're worth waiting for.

Iain

Author elsslots
Admin
#72 | Posted: 5 Sep 2018 12:05 | Edited by: elsslots 
Only some 24 hours before the (unofficial) start of the 2018 Meetup, I have a few short updates:
- Cezar Grozavu from Romania will join us as well for a short part of our meetup (he already has seen the Bulgarian WHS)
- Iain has invited all for a pre-meetup in Varna on the evening of the 6th
- I have had no succes in finding an available birding guide for Srebarna. Instead, Peter Lööv will bring his birding book for the region and has prepared for what we can see at or near the lake.
- I have sent out a request for a visit to the interior of the The late ancient tomb of Silistra, as recently described in a review by Argo. If they can accommodate us in the late afternoon of Sept 8, we will finish our meetup there.
- And finally, I am trying to prearrange a guide for our visit to Sveshtari (or at least announce our arrival and need for an English speaking guide) - I read that there are sometimes waiting periods or shortage of guides. No confirmation yet.

Author scleaver
Partaker
#73 | Posted: 5 Sep 2018 12:45 
Thanks Els for all your hard work and the update! We've arrived in Varna and ready for the Meetup, after visiting Nessebar tomorrow.

Author RandiT
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 5 Sep 2018 13:28 
We are ready too, justv a short detour to Edirne first. See you at Morski Valk Iain!

Author Colvin
Partaker
#75 | Posted: 5 Sep 2018 23:26 
Hope you all have fun in Bulgaria!

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 WHS Meetup 2018

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑