World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 23 of 27:  « Previous  1  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#331 | Posted: 15 Apr 2019 12:50 
AJRC:
It looks the link of the official website for Mistaken Point has changed

fixed!

Author Wapo
Partaker
#332 | Posted: 17 Apr 2019 11:16 
nfmungard:
Rating Stats
If you like stats (Standard Deviation, Variance), you can now check globally or per user how their ratings compare to the rest.

My page (linked near ratings on profile page): https://www.worldheritagesite.org/community/Nan/rating+stats

Community page (linked in Most Popular): https://www.worldheritagesite.org/community/rating+stats

Would it be simple to add a column for the unique ID to these pages or to the general ratings page?
What about adding a download as csv button?

I am building an excel template that does a weighted average of this with the 2015 voting results (popular and valuable) and would like to be able to download up to date voting to update it, however, without the ID it is impossible to match scores to the right site

Author elsslots
Admin
#333 | Posted: 17 Apr 2019 11:32 
Wapo:
Would it be simple to add a column for the unique ID to these pages or to the general ratings page?

You could compare them by name? That's an unique ID as well.
Or I can provide an Excel with names and id's here on the forum, but I don't really understand why you need an id to match.

I'd rather not change the lay-out of these pages, they are full anyway and very few people will have the same need as you.
"Download as csv" we can put on our backlog.

Author Wapo
Partaker
#334 | Posted: 17 Apr 2019 13:00 
elsslots

I agree this is probably too specific for the regular Ratings page. It probably would make more sense in the "advanced stats" page instead.

However, Download as CSV (with the id included) would override the need to modify any layouts (I thought it might be easier to add a column to the pages than to add download option. That is the only reason I suggested it)

Regarding name vs ID, it is much more robust to work with ids since they will never change, while names might. Also the id is a single number so its easier to use in search functions in my opinion. This would also allow to use official or custom names if desired.

Author elsslots
Admin
#335 | Posted: 17 Apr 2019 13:42 
I've added the official unesco id's here: https://www.worldheritagesite.org/list
Can you work with that?
The site names are all the same over the website.

Author Wapo
Partaker
#336 | Posted: 18 Apr 2019 12:01 
elsslots:
I've added the official unesco id's here: https://www.worldheritagesite.org/list
Can you work with that?
The site names are all the same over the website.

Yes that works, I got the Id from there and then matched it to the other ones using the names. It really amazes me how efficient you guys are.

By the way ids also allow me to reuse official data from the Unesco site, like map coordinates and other.

Author clyde
Partaker
#337 | Posted: 19 Apr 2019 06:42 | Edited by: clyde 
While preparing for my Czechia road trip, I noticed that all 3 links below to more of Els' photos of Lednice-Valtice, Kromeriz and Litomysl are broken:

Click here to see more of my photos of Lednice-Valtice Cultural Landscape
Click here to see more of my photos of Gardens and Castle at KromerĂ­z
Click here to see more of my photos of Litomysl Castle

Author elsslots
Admin
#338 | Posted: 19 Apr 2019 07:58 
clyde:
While preparing for my Czechia road trip, I noticed that all 3 links below to more of Els' photos of Lednice-Valtice, Kromeriz and Litomysl are broken:

Thanks. This has an unfortunate root cause. I need to add the links again.
@Nan: I will re-send you the request for a fix, for after your holidays

Author clyde
Partaker
#339 | Posted: 19 Apr 2019 08:42 
elsslots
Seems to be a general problem as the similar link to more photos of Canterbury is also broken ...

Author elsslots
Admin
#340 | Posted: 19 Apr 2019 08:52 
clyde:
elsslots
Seems to be a general problem as the similar link to more photos of Canterbury is also broken ...

Yes, see my remark above. It is a generic thing that has to be fixed by Nan (we knew already about it). In the mean time I can add the links again. I already did for the Czech ones you spotted

Author Zoe
Partaker
#341 | Posted: 2 May 2019 18:19 
I'm a bit non-technical but with a website update I can't click directly on the last page of a thread anymore and have to open it then jump to the end. I use mobile Chrome and maybe that's the problem.

Author elsslots
Admin
#342 | Posted: 2 May 2019 23:43 
Have you tried clicking on the >> sign? That will direct you directly to the last post of a topic.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#343 | Posted: 5 May 2019 15:37 
Ohhh ;)

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#344 | Posted: 5 May 2019 16:13 | Edited by: Solivagant 
elsslots:
Have you tried clicking on the >> sign? That will direct you directly to the last post of a topic.

There IS a difference though -
On the Forum "Topic List" page -
On my Windows PC under Chrome or Opera I get some page numbers to click on including the last one as in e.g "2 3 4 ... 22 23"
On my Android tablet under Chrome or Opera I get the same "clickable" page numbers
On my Android phone under Chrome I just get an unaddressable page icon and an unaddressable last page number - so the only way of getting to the last page is indeed to scroll right and "click" ">> >>". This is the situation Zoe has identified and it has only emerged since the last upgrade
It is no big deal, just an "interesting" variation - whether due to Android or Chrome or the way the script has been set up I know not (I only have 1 browser on my Android phone)!

Author elsslots
Admin
#345 | Posted: 11 May 2019 04:31 
Minor thing here: date sorting is wrong here https://www.worldheritagesite.org/news (sorts on the day number, not on Y-M-D)
Unfortunately I cannot fix it myself as it seems to be a mix of a pecularity of Bootstrap + the way we select all dates from the database. Can you have a look nfmungard?

Page  Page 23 of 27:  « Previous  1  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Backlog of technical enhancements

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑