| Begin | Reply | Search |             Start | The List | Community | Blog
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next »

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#301 | Posted: 28 Dec 2018 15:43 | Edited by: nfmungard 
Solivagant:
In the past Els has moved reviews when a T List site became inscribed - i.e usually during the WHC!

Maybe I misunderstood her process and just skipped the queue by moving myself. In any case, we could have a separator showing the pre/post inscription reviews. Unfortunately, for several old reviews we don't have the created/modified/published date and then it becomes impossible. And frankly, not that high on my list.

Currently working on the following topics:

Mostly ready for UAT by Els
* Migrating the cache and the authentication packages to their latest versions. Hopefully, it doesnt break anything major.
* Open bug fixes.
* CSS Tweaks: Font weight jumbotrons and links.
* TinyMCE for Els blogs and site entries.
* Cleaning cache for profile and sites pages automatically as much as possible when changes happen.
* Performance tuning of some parts.
* Putting Els blog on top for 24h after publishing (plus scheduling option for Els).
* Optimizing the banners by preloading some (faster). Also added an overview page to see all.
* Having dedicated connection pages per section.
* More search boxes for TWHS, years and connections.
* TWHS Nudging -> missing TWHS reviews are also requested.
* Hide top missing/top 200 from users without votes.

Still open:
* User rating stats page -> show all ratings as table plus deviation from mean (plus std deviation).
* Make rating stars safer to change.

And I need to get my webserver back online so Els can test all of it.

And then will tackle the tentative rating part.

Author elsslots
Admin
#302 | Posted: 28 Dec 2018 20:19 
Solivagant:
In the past Els has moved reviews when a T List site became inscribed - i.e usually during the WHC!

Yes I do and will keep on doing that. T List page disappears after inscription.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#303 | Posted: 4 Jan 2019 03:17 
I have a suggestion: move the "prior reviews" to a subpage of the profile? Don't see it necessary to load a huge list if I click on my profile.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#304 | Posted: 4 Jan 2019 11:28 
Zoe:
I have a suggestion: move the "prior reviews" to a subpage of the profile? Don't see it necessary to load a huge list if I click on my profile.

The visited sites is probably the longer list. We can potentially just show an icon next to your star rating in the visited sites. But then reviews of unvisited sites (does this exist?) wouldnt show.

Not really sure this is a general issue and waiting for Els feedback.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#305 | Posted: 31 Jan 2019 16:54 | Edited by: Solivagant 
A minor point but I notice that an entry with the individual's "WHS visited" count appears under
"Recently Updated
The following travellers have recently updated their WHS count:
"
when their only update has been to their T List visited count! And there was me wondering how I had "added" to my count!!

Author Zoe
Partaker
#306 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 12:33 
We can't delete reviews, right? Please delete my duplicate & disabled Trans-Iranian Railway (T) one and think about giving us some flag to request a delete if not outright delete.

Author elsslots
Admin
#307 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 12:44 
You cannot fully delete it, but disabling will essentially have the same effect (it will not be shown on the website).

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#308 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 12:47 
elsslots:
You cannot fully delete it,

Or edit it to "XXXX"??

Author elsslots
Admin
#309 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 12:59 
Solivagant:
Or edit it to "XXXX"??

You can, can't you?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#310 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 15:10 
@Zoe, Paul:
The disabled button allows you to hide reviews. I have to in the pipeline I will need more time to finish and that's what I did.

@Els:
You can delete all posts- You just have to move them to "Revise" first.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#311 | Posted: 3 Feb 2019 15:13 
Side note: Els is currently testing the next revision of the website. I think it should be ready next week... Okay, not going to say that. Our busy schedules result in delays.

@Paul: We have added the edit toggle, but Els doesn't quite like it and we will come up with a better solution.

Zoe:

Not sure why. For most users seeing the reviews someone wrote is nice and it's capped at 5 anyhow.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#312 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 14:15 
We managed to exceed the quota set by mapbox. I have temporarily switched all maps back to google. Short to mid term you will have to click a load button to show the map. It will not load when you open the page. The feature is already in UAT.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#313 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 15:55 | Edited by: Solivagant 
nfmungard:
I have temporarily switched all maps back to google.

A shame - you put a lot of effort into that.
Do we know how much of the "usage" is generated by which features and by which users???
I suspect most of us don't actually "need" the maps as often as they actually appear.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#314 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 22:26 
nfmungard:
Not sure why. For most users seeing the reviews someone wrote is nice and it's capped at 5 anyhow.

I don't see any cap. It loads the list of all 100+ reviews and if someone like Clyde opens his profile it would probably be even worse. The cap you mention is maybe the "WHS to be reviewed".

On another note, I noticed quite often it tell me to "be the first" to rate a site which isn't true. Minor thing.

Author elsslots
Admin
#315 | Posted: 4 Feb 2019 23:31 
Zoe:
I don't see any cap. It loads the list of all 100+ reviews and if someone like Clyde opens his profile it would probably be even worse. The cap you mention is maybe the "WHS to be reviewed".

Nan means the 5 reviews shown with text and photo on your public profile page, you probably mean the list only you see after logging in.

Page  Page 21 of 24:  « Previous  1  ...  20  21  22  23  24  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Backlog of technical enhancements

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑