World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 16 of 32:  « Previous  1  ...  15  16  17  ...  31  32  Next »

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#226 | Posted: 6 Jul 2018 07:16 
@Solivagant: I can investigate broken link handling. We also host links in general for sites. This will require some software solution...

Right now, though, working on:
* Embedding Ratings a bit further on the site -> show a reviewers rating with each user review.
* Nudging people to rate and write reviews -> ratings are included in the edit review form. ratings and reviews (least rated/reviewed) will be requested when the checklist is updated.
* Last but not least, doing performance analysis and tuning which will entail some work on the database.

Author elsslots
Admin
#227 | Posted: 6 Jul 2018 09:23 
Solivagant:
There are "broken link" checkers - but how good and easy to use they are I know not. Have you ever used one to check the Web Site Els??

Yes I do have one, but it is not integrated into the "whole system". I run it once in a while, but it is a lot of work to follow-up (check whether a site has just moved instead of been deleted for example).
- We could do a periodic "clean-up", and use some community effort to find links to replace them with. Especially all links to "official" websites should be replaced.
- Others could just be deleted, we (ahum, Nan) could probably automate that some way.

Solivagant:
I guess we would not bother with correcting some long lost news item from some newspaper - most will not be recoverable anyway - perhaps at least the "title" is still of interest even if it doesn't lead to the article (though it could be worth removing the "link" aspect for such articles - then anyone really interested could do their own searches?)

Indeed. Because of that reason I always try to keep meaningful texts in the news links - they still have worth when the news item has expired on another website.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#228 | Posted: 7 Jul 2018 09:49 
Here's another page loading error due to an unregistered user's links:

https://www.worldheritagesite.org/tentative/id/5722

Any chance to run a query for this to get them all removed at the same time?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#229 | Posted: 7 Jul 2018 10:00 
Zoe:
Any chance to run a query for this to get them all removed at the same time?

fixed. will be contained in larger release that happens soon.

Author elsslots
Admin
#230 | Posted: 20 Jul 2018 00:32 
I just put a new version live, which includes the following fixes/enhancements:
* ratings look nicer when shown in lists.
* ratings show along the reviews.
* user is queried for ratings when entering a review.
* review screen itself is a bit revamped.
* user is queried to rate/review sites after updating his count.
* some performance optimizations (hopefully).
* ratings shown and calculated will only show for users who have visited. you can still rate though.

Two issues have come up - the home page shows an error message + the maps have gone blank...
Will try to fix it asap!

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#231 | Posted: 20 Jul 2018 02:15 
The index page is loading again. The map issue is with Els to deploy. The checklist also needs to be updated and the profile page seems off. Should all be back to normal tonight.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#232 | Posted: 21 Jul 2018 09:21 | Edited by: Solivagant 
There could be something wrong with photo uploading??
If an edit is made to an already published review with an already uploaded photo then the photo seems to get "lost" and has to be uploaded again??
That is what seems to have happened to my Jodrell Bank review - photo was there, made a minor spelling alteration - the photo was still on the edit page but gradually disappeared on the other pages as they updated and then finally on the edit page.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#233 | Posted: 21 Jul 2018 09:40 
Solivagant

will check.

Author evilweevil
Partaker
#234 | Posted: 21 Jul 2018 11:53 
The same thing happened to me yesterday. I finally rated all my visited sites and now all my photos are gone...

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#235 | Posted: 21 Jul 2018 12:57 | Edited by: Solivagant 
evilweevil:
and now all my photos are gone...

Yes - if you go to the edit page the Photo entry is set at "No photo chosen" rather than with the details of the photo already chosen - the result is that uploads the revised review with NO photo chosen!!
I had also noticed in the earlier (before the latest version) logic that if an edit was made after a photo was chosen but before something else had happened (not quite sure what - some dB update perhaps) and an edit was made then it uploaded the photo again. The photo upload takes longer than the simple edit and displays the "%age uploaded" so it was noticeable. This didn't happen after some point - an edit merely altered the edit and kept the photo.

Author AJRC
Partaker
#236 | Posted: 21 Jul 2018 17:31 
Hi all!
When accessing to the sites connection for "Built in the 8th century" (https://www.worldheritagesite.org/connection/Built+in+the+8th+century), it opens the 'Built in the 18th century' instead.

Can you take a look to fix it?
Thanks!

Author elsslots
Admin
#237 | Posted: 22 Jul 2018 00:41 
AJRC:
When accessing to the sites connection for "Built in the 8th century"

That's weird! I also does so with the 6th, 7th centuries etc

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#238 | Posted: 22 Jul 2018 04:33 
the image upload was indeed setting it to blank if no new file is uploaded. fix is with els. the images were also not deleted, so if you let me know who you are on the page, we can bring them back via updating the database @evilweevil.

i will check the connection and the checklist later today.

Author elsslots
Admin
#239 | Posted: 22 Jul 2018 05:56 | Edited by: elsslots 
evilweevil:
I finally rated all my visited sites and now all my photos are gone...

I've set all your reviews now to Photo = Yes. So all should be there now again

Will now test the more permanent solution as indicated by nfmungard
UPDATE: tested with some of my recent Georgia TWHS reviews & OK now in production

Author evilweevil
Partaker
#240 | Posted: 22 Jul 2018 06:37 
Thanks a lot, Els!

Page  Page 16 of 32:  « Previous  1  ...  15  16  17  ...  31  32  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Backlog of technical enhancements

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑