World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Backlog of technical enhancements

Page  Page 15 of 32:  « Previous  1  ...  14  15  16  ...  31  32  Next »

Author Durian
Partaker
#211 | Posted: 26 May 2018 00:37 
Dear Els,

Swaziland has changed its country name to eSwatini. Expecting all UN websites will change soon.

Author elsslots
Admin
#212 | Posted: 26 May 2018 07:18 
Durian:
changed its country name to eSwatin

Thanks. Will change it when the UNESCO site does

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#213 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 05:29 
Something odd seems to have happened and the line breaks and paragraph spacing seem to have disappeared from the majority of reviews, with each now reading as one very long paragraph.

They seem to still be thee in Nan's reviews (example) though the spacing seems to be a little off at the end of that review.

But they seem to have disappeared on the majority of other reviews.

Perhaps nan uses more formal HTML line breaks and everyone else just hits return?

Apologies if I have jumped the gun and it is just a temporary glitch whilst some work is done, I just thought I would flag it up.

Author elsslots
Admin
#214 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 05:49 
meltwaterfalls:
Something odd seems to have happened and the line breaks and paragraph spacing seem to have disappeared from the majority of reviews, with each now reading as one very long paragraph.

I don't see it, not in the recent reviews of Hubert and Walter for example.
Which ones are you referring to? And are you looking via a pc or a mobile?

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#215 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 07:05 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
I'm on a PC, and after posting I saw that Hubert's recent ones weren't affected.

It seems to have removed them from all of my reviews:
Examples
Bauhaus,
Istanbul at the end of this particular review my top 5 highlights were previously spaced out on different lines but now are all in one sentence).

Looking at the other reviews on those pages there isn't a line break in any of them. So I assume that it isn't just mine affected, though I am more familiar with how I lay mine out.

However I just noticed my most recent review of Sibenik it isn't affected, but none of the older reviews have a line break in them, which seems odd.

Just taking a site at random with a lot of reviews (Australian convict sites), only Clyde's have line breaks.

Looking at Gorham's Cave, some have breaks others don't. Hubert's doesn't and I'm pretty sure his normally do have the breaks, as I always find them an easier read.

Maybe it is the reviews since we switched to the new editor that are fine, but older ones seem to have lost their spacing? Or Clyde and Nan typically write theirs with HTML breaks?

Author Colvin
Partaker
#216 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 07:21 
I see what meltwaterfalls is talking about, too, and I'm on an iPad. Looking back through my reviews, it seems the spacing error starts with reviews from December 2017 and earlier. Reviews starting from at least the end of January 2018 and on seem to have the right spacing.

Author elsslots
Admin
#217 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 08:45 
nfmungard is looking into it and says he has a fix

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#218 | Posted: 1 Jun 2018 09:32 
Great thanks, els (and nfmungard)

Off topic, nice review of Blaenavon Colivin!

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#219 | Posted: 3 Jun 2018 06:05 
elsslots:
nfmungard is looking into it and says he has a fix

quick fix is to enable the html dummy conversion again for old reviews. proper fix is to migrate the old reviews to proper html (tinymce) format. i am working on the latter one and depending on how it goes will provide the first as fallback.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#220 | Posted: 4 Jun 2018 06:51 
nfmungard:
quick fix is to enable the html dummy conversion again for old reviews. proper fix is to migrate the old reviews to proper html (tinymce) format. i am working on the latter one and depending on how it goes will provide the first as fallback.

Els ran the clean up script. All reviews should be looking fine now.

A few things that I plan to do now:
* When updating your visited site list you will be triggered to write a review / rate the site.
* Some more features for Els.

Anything else you need?

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#221 | Posted: 6 Jun 2018 02:38 | Edited by: Solivagant 
There still seems to be a problem on some occasions with the rendering/use of HTTPS/HTTP addresses in reviews. See the first link in my, as yet unpublished review of Vatnajökull National Park - "map".
I copy the address from the page I want - paste it into a new tab on my browser and it works perfectly (as it should of course). Paste exactly the same as the URL of the link word on the review, then, in "View", click on that word in the review and it gets
"Not Found
The requested URL /static/files/svaedin/Hornafjordur/PDF-skjol-kort/vjthg_sudursvaedi_staekkun-2017_75d pi.jpg was not found on this server."
Here is the full URL - it works perfectly well from here!
https://www.vatnajokulsthjodgardur.is/static/files/svaedin/Hornafjordur/PDF-skjol-kor t/vjthg_sudursvaedi_staekkun-2017_75dpi.jpg
Other links in this (and other) reviews seem to be working ok - what is "special" about this one??

Author Zoe
Partaker
#222 | Posted: 7 Jun 2018 18:07 
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/nominated/2022

This was a link from the 2019 page which I think is meant to be inaccessible, as well as the error on the actual 2022 page of course. If a page doesn't exist it shows a SQL error, maybe should be a 404 page instead?

Author elsslots
Admin
#223 | Posted: 8 Jun 2018 08:26 
Zoe:
This was a link from the 2019 page which I think is meant to be inaccessible, as well as the error on the actual 2022 page of course. If a page doesn't exist it shows a SQL error, maybe should be a 404 page instead?

The page does exist (and has content, but only little because it's so far away), so it's not a 404. It only misses the link to a forum topic, I will add it.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#224 | Posted: 30 Jun 2018 16:42 | Edited by: Zoe 
A lot of the 2018 nomination pages have this problem? The page doesn't load properly when this error is in the side pane.

Categories: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') group by c.id, c.cat, t.id, t.theme' at line 6

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#225 | Posted: 6 Jul 2018 07:00 | Edited by: Solivagant 
We have been loading Web links on to this web site for over 15 years now - in reviews and for the WHS pages - Like scleaver and Romania I occasionally come across one and have always tended to ignore it. It is much easier now, however, to update any links related to reviews (and of course we will get far more of them now that it is is easier to format them).

But how big is the problem? There are "broken link" checkers - but how good and easy to use they are I know not. Have you ever used one to check the Web Site Els??
And, of course identifying broken links is one thing - correcting them is another problem altogether!!

I guess we would not bother with correcting some long lost news item from some newspaper - most will not be recoverable anyway - perhaps at least the "title" is still of interest even if it doesn't lead to the article (though it could be worth removing the "link" aspect for such articles - then anyone really interested could do their own searches?)
Similarly links in Forum posts - just too much hassle and many will be of no interest now

But others could be worth correcting and updating if we knew the scale of the problem??

Page  Page 15 of 32:  « Previous  1  ...  14  15  16  ...  31  32  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Backlog of technical enhancements

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑