World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Unreviewed Sites

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

Author Zoe
Partaker
#61 | Posted: 22 Jan 2020 22:04 | Edited by: Zoe 
yeah this reminded me to cover some more of the T sites in China, would be nice to have as a page though and not just the spreadsheet (Zoe hates spreadsheets)

Useful would be what upcoming nominated sites aren't reviewed yet.

Author elsslots
Admin
#62 | Posted: 24 Jan 2020 09:17 
Zoe:
would be nice to have as a page though

Will tell it to the proper page maker, Nan, who is currently travelling so not available.

From the Excel long list, I have seen maybe only 5 or so. Will do a review of Tansen (Nepal) and the Bahoutdin Complex (Uzbekistan) in the near future.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#63 | Posted: 7 Dec 2020 00:59 
Any update on a page for the missing reviews? My laptop doesn't even read XLS anymore.

Also I have emailed you some missing pics for the Migratory Birds. I only found a very old list of other missing ones but I think you posted an updated request somewhere I cannot find. Let me know so I can dig through my pics.

Author elsslots
Admin
#64 | Posted: 7 Dec 2020 11:20 | Edited by: elsslots 
There are still 894 to choose from. Rough list here.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#65 | Posted: 10 Dec 2020 01:52 
Which pics you still need to replace a WHS placeholder?

Author elsslots
Admin
#66 | Posted: 11 Dec 2020 11:38 | Edited by: elsslots 
I think there are 29:
10 - Lower Valley of the Awash
1017 - Central Suriname Nature Reserve
1094 - Purnululu NP
1139 - Tomb of Askia
1174 - Chiribiquete
1183 - Kondoa Rock Art
1299 - Lena Pillars
1335 - China Danxia
1362 - Ogasawara Islands
1382 - Petroglyphs Mongolian Altai
1407 - Bassari Country
1415 - Pimachiwon Aki
1448 - Landscapes of Dauria
1450 - Thimloch Ohinga
1474 - Tusi Sites
1475 - Ennedi Massif
1511 - Mbanza Kongo
1513 - Khangchendzonga National Park
1529 - Taputapuātea
1535 - Okinoshima
1540 - Qinghai Hoh Xil
1603 - French Austral Lands
196 - Rio Platano
475 - Manovo-Gounda St. Floris National Park
653 - Tubbatha Reefs
766 - Central Sikhote-Alin
889 - Desembarco del Granma National Park
967 - Noel Kempff Mercado National Park
998 - Central Amazon Conservation Complex

Author mrayers
Partaker
#67 | Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:44 
I can send you a few to choose from for each of 1017, and 998 (Anavilhanas section). I would have offered earlier, but like most forest images, they don't really capture the scale of the place... Should they go to your e-mail?

For me it is sadly ironic that this thread became active again recently. For the last couple of weeks I have been trying to work out some type of extraordinary means to get to one of the really cool unreviewed Sites, but it looks like all of those efforts have come up empty, and I don't think I will be able to get there. :-(

Author elsslots
Admin
#68 | Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:50 
Please send them mrayers, yes to my e-mail (see about section).

mrayers:
to get to one of the really cool unreviewed Sites

Which one were you looking at? Mount Nimba?

Author mrayers
Partaker
#69 | Posted: 11 Dec 2020 13:58 
elsslots:
Please send them mrayers, yes to my e-mail (see about section).

Will do. You should receive by morning, or sooner.

mrayers:
to get to one of the really cool unreviewed Sites.

Els:
Which one were you looking at? Mount Nimba?

I'll answer that in the e-mail with the pics. There is still a remote chance that I can make that visit happen, so I don't want to spoil the surprise. I will say that it wasn't going to be Sangha. I see on your profile that you are going to try again in '21. Fingers crossed for you! After I was denied entry into Gabon I considered continuing east by transiting through the CAR, and I looked in to visiting that park. As I am sure you already know, it is still closed, and their web site says reopening possible in 2021. Plus the flight from Lomé to Bangui was unusually expensive, so I dropped that idea. Also, since you had your plans spoiled this year, I would have felt bad if I had gotten there first. ;-)

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#70 | Posted: 11 Dec 2020 18:34 | Edited by: winterkjm 
I hope to visit Pimachiwon Aki between 2021 and 2023. Winnipeg is 9 hours drive from where my parents live (another 4 hours along the new road to Bloodvein). I would love to canoe parts of the Bloodvein River, a Canadian Heritage River. It also might be worthwhile to explore tour operators to see the land by water plane.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#71 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 00:42 
Ok, I have sent you something for Tubbatha Reefs, but as I don't have many pics without divers in them and most are random reefs I wouldn't say it's the best. I also got a sunset pic that could be from anywhere unless there is a way to tell the water is in the core zone lol. If anything would be unique to TR then if someone has a pic of the ranger station (https://www.bluewaterdivetravel.com/sites/default/files/P4031684.jpg). I can also take a picture of the gorgeous "Life In Tubbatha " T-Shirt I bought there haha. I'll ask my dive buddies if they have the ranger station.

Okinoshima, I thought Els also went there but anyway I got lots of pics.

Chiribiquete I didn't enter the core, obviously, so unsure you want rock art pics from outside the core zone.

Pimachiwon Aki can't find my pics at the moment - probably on one my cloud drives. Only have on my phone but it is of a nearby park sign outside the core zone which isn't fitting I think. Have to dig up pics for Taputapuātea later too.

Tusi Sites, Desembarco del Granma National Park, Khangchendzonga National Park, sent

China Danxia could try to find mine but would think many people went there and can provide some, especially the NSFW Yang Yuan Stone.

Central Suriname Nature Reserve, Qinghai Hoh Xil only have generic pics.

Author elsslots
Admin
#72 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 02:52 
Thanks a lot, Zoe and Michael (who delivered Central Suriname and Central Amazon)!

I will add the pics and update the wanted list.

Author elsslots
Admin
#73 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 03:28 
Updated list of WHS without pics:
10 - Lower Valley of the Awash
1094 - Purnululu NP
1139 - Tomb of Askia
1174 - Chiribiquete
1183 - Kondoa Rock Art
1299 - Lena Pillars
1335 - China Danxia
1362 - Ogasawara Islands
1382 - Petroglyphs Mongolian Altai
1407 - Bassari Country
1415 - Pimachiwon Aki
1448 - Landscapes of Dauria
1450 - Thimloch Ohinga
1475 - Ennedi Massif
1511 - Mbanza Kongo
1529 - Taputapuātea
1535 - Okinoshima
1540 - Qinghai Hoh Xil
1603 - French Austral Lands
196 - Rio Platano
475 - Manovo-Gounda St. Floris National Park
766 - Central Sikhote-Alin
967 - Noel Kempff Mercado National Park

Will ask our Russian correspondents for a few. Strange that Purnululu is so difficult.

Author mrayers
Partaker
#74 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 04:23 | Edited by: mrayers 
elsslots:
Strange that Purnululu is so difficult.

I actually have a few photos of that Site, but they aren't the best because my visit was of the small aircraft fly-over type (this was not long after it was inscribed when overland access was quite difficult, and I was already behind schedule when I reached the area. However, aerial views are actually a reasonably good way to experience that site.)

Of course, all of those images are on my main PC, which is currently in storage with all of my other belongings on the other side of the world, and the way things are going I am not sure when, or if, I will ever see any of those things again! ;-)

Author Zoe
Partaker
#75 | Posted: 12 Dec 2020 05:39 
Okinoshima re-sent, oh wait: your mail server says my IP is blacklisted which could be due to my VPN access. Will try again soon.

Purnululu I only have fly-over ones too. Best way to see the mountains. I'll send you one. That site is rather expensive to visit. First fly to Kununurra (from Darwin) and then the fly-over tour, plus of course flying back. Probably much more fun to attach to a massive overland camper tour of the NT.

Page  Page 5 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Unreviewed Sites

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑