World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Official Websites

Page  Page 3 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16  17  Next »

Author Assif
Partaker
#31 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 00:25 | Edited by: Assif 
Meltwaterfalls, you can feel free to take over as many countries as you want. I'm only in B so there's still more than enough to go around for anyone interested.

An alphabetic list of countries still not taken care of (I'll keep this list updated so you can tell which countries can still be worked on):

Brazil, China, Colombia, Congo (DR), Congo (R), Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Finland?, FYR Macedonia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Holy See?, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Korea (North)?, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, San Marino?, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, Urkaine, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#32 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 02:48 | Edited by: Solivagant 
I will do Malta, Cyprus and Kenya

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#33 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 07:32 
I covered PNG with the Pacific, there wasn't anything for Kuk. Though I did read the two great reviews about it on this site, I was completely oblivious to it previously.

I looked at Mongolia in a broader 'Central Asia' as well but couldn't find anything official for any of the sites. The 'Official' site for Erdene Zuu Monastery on wikipedia turned out to be a German blog about Mongolian history.
Perhaps Uvs Nuur may have a site from the Russian side though.

Author elsslots
Admin
#34 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 12:37 
We've come across some sites in Bulgarian or Russian only. What should we do with them? I've allowed sites in German, Dutch, French so far (as you can get the basics from them anyway, or use Google Translate for more).

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#35 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 12:56 | Edited by: Solivagant 
I would allow any/all languages/scripts - as you say, Google Translate can provide a reasonably comprehensible version.

What we need is some help finding such sites as specifying Google queries in English doesn't have a high success rate and to have to do translations in both ways (of the query and then of the responses) is rather time consuming. We have some Chinese etc speakers amongst our number don't we?

No doubt others are finding some "useful" techniques for finding "Official Web sites" - here are a few I have used successfully
a. Wiki "external" links - at the bottom of each "article" on a WHS
b. Access the country's "Government Web site" and then chase through on "UNESCO", "Environment", "Culture" etc to find the department responsible for such matters
c. The "Organisation of World Heritage Cities" has a links "section" for each member

Author Assif
Partaker
#36 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 13:28 | Edited by: Assif 
Another way is the official site of the local municipality.

Author elsslots
Admin
#37 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 14:15 
I'll do The Netherlands

Author hubert
Partaker
#38 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 14:19 
To find websites in the national language, it is sometimes successful to go to the English (or German) Wiki page and then switch to the respective language. Then you have at the bottom of the page websites in the national language. And you can search in Google with the correct name in the national language.

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#39 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 17:09 
Saudi Arabia and Seychelles added

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#40 | Posted: 18 Sep 2012 18:09 
hubert:
To find websites in the national language, it is sometimes successful to go to the English (or German) Wiki page and then switch to the respective language.

I actually typed the same thing out before I left the office, but closed down and realised I hadn't posted it. Yep it works fairly well, you just have to know what each language calls itself but then you are good to go!

Author elsslots
Admin
#41 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 00:40 
Japan has been picked up too

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#42 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 03:43 
Jordan and S Africa added

Author hubert
Partaker
#43 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 05:16 
France is completed, also Switzerland and Slovenia

Author Euloroo
Partaker
#44 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 09:26 
St Kitts, St Lucia and San Marino done

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#45 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 10:07 
Nepal, Nigeria and Namibia

Page  Page 3 of 17:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16  17  Next » 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Official Websites

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑