World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /  

Updated version Tentative Sites plotted on Google Earth

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#16 | Posted: 23 Sep 2011 04:20 
Great job with the Korean sites. Though, can I make a recommendation? The serial nomination of the Sites of fossilized dinosaurs throughout the Southern seacoast should have simplified names for each site. Such as:

Fossil site in Haenam-gun

Fossil site in Boseong-gun

Fossil site in the City of Yeosu

Fossil site in Hwasun-gun

Fossil site in Goseong-gun

This is how they are mentioned in the description paragraph http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/1640/

Furthermore, when driving to any of these sites signage names the particular site in this manor.

Great job with the Kiln sites by the way, those are hard to find basic information.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#17 | Posted: 23 Sep 2011 05:12 
elsslots:
it's updated!

Thanks Els
winterkjm:
The serial nomination of the Sites of fossilized dinosaurs throughout the Southern seacoast should have simplified names for each site

Thanks for the feedback, yep whatever makes it more useful for people I can do.
I think on those ones I just got enticed by having proper co-ordinates so didn't check the actual names, just went for their locations.
I will amend them and they will be in the next update when ever that may be.

Author winterkjm
Partaker
#18 | Posted: 30 Oct 2011 03:25 
I noticed for the Shanxi Businessmen's Courtyard Houses nomination there is only one site located on the map. The nomination is a serial site consisting of 4 mansions.

Qiao's Courtyard Houses, Qi County, N37 4 19.6 E112 5 44.7

Qu's Courtyard Houses, Qi County, N37 21 E112 18

Wang's Courtyard Houses, Lingshi County, N36 55 3 E110 30 15

Cao's Courtyard Houses, Taigu County, N37 23 26 E112 30 23

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#19 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 06:19 
I was pretty sure I had done all of those, but no it seems not.

Will include them in the next update (may be a little while as I have a fair few reviews to write up)

Thanks for picking it up though, it all helps make it more useful when planning trips.

Author Guillaume
Partaker
#20 | Posted: 20 Jul 2012 09:02 
Hello, does any one have a uptaded version of the Tentative Sites plotted on Google Earth? its for my school thesis!

Thank you!

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#21 | Posted: 21 Jul 2012 02:50 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Hi Guillaume,

Alas I haven't really done more on the mapping of tentative sites yet.

I keep on meaning to go back and do a few more, but haven't found the time, sorry.

But if you (or anyone else) have any countries you are particularly interested then let me know and it may restart my mapping.

Author elsslots
Admin
#22 | Posted: 27 Jul 2012 13:01 
There's an updated version available now (thanks to meltwaterfalls): "All of Europe is done (rather big task), as well as countries where there are forum members from, plus anything put forward for next year's meeting. 1515 Sites plotted so far"

http://www.worldheritagesite.org/TentativeSites.kmz

Author joycevs
Partaker
#23 | Posted: 31 Jul 2012 17:10 
All of Europe, WOW! Very helpful, thanks meltwaterfalls!

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#24 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 08:51 
Glad it is off some use.

Also provides a nice bit of armchair travelling. Some of the most impressive sites from this batch were David Gareji Monasteries and Hermitage in Georgia (many of the other isolated Caucasian churches on their list were also impressive if a touch repetitive).

The Royal Court of Tiébélé in Burkina Faso look pretty remarkable.

And next year's Cultural Landscape of Maymand in Iran is also pretty distinctive looking like a series of cave dwellings, not quite as striking as Göreme but still interesting.

Slovakia probably deserves a commendation for producing the least inspiring collection of sites. It is a selection of; extensions to neighbouring country sites (Tokaj), rather niche sites (a single Geyser/ fountain, Fungal flora [I have a sot spot for this one, fungus is always overlooked]) and the baffling selection of 174 unspecified meadows across the country that don't seem to have any tangible relationship

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#25 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 13:20 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
I'm sure I have added more in the last few years, but here is the Mexican T-List map.

Quite a few that are more of the same, however one pretty interesting site on Mexico's list is Las Pozas, Xilitla. It was unknown to me before but it is a rather crazy Surrealist Tropical Garden!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 
About this website www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / About this website /
 Updated version Tentative Sites plotted on Google Earth

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑