This list is to keep track of all good ideas posted which I would like to implement on the website, but have to wait for rainy Sundays or my retirement:
- Organize voting for Top 50 Missing This is on hold for at least a couple of months more, as I'd like to draw more visitors (and voters!) first to the forum. In the mean time you all can think of even more worthy Missing WHS (some natural sites would be nice; and do we have a mixed one already?
- Make possible to link
to personal photo pages
- Try to fix that uploading photos
larger than 1 MB doesn't work (have looked into this already, but cannot find the root of the problem
- Do something creative with the decisions 'database' that has been compiled and now shown only on the individual site pages (suggestions include: how many of the rejected sites got in later, year within country - how "active" has a country been?, year within type of decision - how "tough" has WHC been and how poor have countries been at preparing valid proposals?, year within type of decision within country - what has a country's "record" been?, whether the IUCN/ICOMOS recommendation has been followed, sites which were rejected/deferred etc and no longer figure on the T List
- New format for the country pages
- Finish the backlog of Connections I still have to go through and to add
- Merge Categories and Connections (on hold for a moment, I'm not sure where to go from here
- Revisit Categories to see if really only the prime aspect of a site is rewarded (others can become Connections)
- Introduce maps (Also looked into this one already, I would like to have an overview map on the country pages and a zoomable location map on each site page; still struggling with some technical & content difficulties
- Every site page should have one main photo and the introduction should start with a clear statement WHAT the site is and WHY is has been made a WHS.
- Add "value" to visited sites
If you'd like to see any other changes, please post them below at this topic.