World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

TWHS Maps - The data

Page  Page 6 of 34:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  33  34  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#76 | Posted: 20 Feb 2017 09:53 
South Africa is finished (map data wise of course...)

Solivagant will take on Pakistan next, Hubert Slovenia

Author elsslots
Admin
#77 | Posted: 20 Feb 2017 12:03 | Edited by: elsslots 
Updated now are:
Slovakia: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/testt/country.php?id=96
NB: no location found for Gemer and Abov churches, so left blank

Turkey: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/testt/country.php?id=109
NB: Catalhoyuk mysteriously appears twice, I think that's because Turkey has a TWHS with the same number and it gets confused; will try to fix it (update -> done!)

I also did Guyana, will go on with Ecuador

Author elsslots
Admin
#78 | Posted: 20 Feb 2017 13:58 
Did Ecuador, DR Congo (no changes from meltwaterfalls queries) and Malaysia.

Author elsslots
Admin
#79 | Posted: 21 Feb 2017 00:01 | Edited by: elsslots 
Update: checked Angola and Congo (overall stayed with meltwaterfalls data) and added Rwanda.

Overall status update:

Done
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Angola
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahamas
Congo
Czech Republic
DemRep of Congo
Ecuador
Egypt
Guyana
Iran
Iraq
Lesotho
Malaysia
Netherlands
Rwanda
Slovakia
South Africa
Swaziland
Turkey
UK

Pending
France (analysis done, upload mostly done except for WWI sites - crashes and hard to check, wait for update of country map to handle lots of locations)
Germany (analysis done, nfmungard to provide sql or csv for upload to database)
Pakistan (Solivagant)
Poland (Jakob)
Slovenia (Hubert)
Spain (Jakob)

Author elsslots
Admin
#80 | Posted: 21 Feb 2017 11:50 | Edited by: elsslots 
Solivagant will take the last 6 countries of the alphabetical order: Vanuatu, Venezuela, Viet-nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Pakistan is done now by him.

I'll take India!

Author elsslots
Admin
#81 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 00:21 
Thanks to Jakob, Spain has been done now too. I've already uploaded it to the database as well, but due to so many locations the map crashes when displayed on the website (similar problem as with France).

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#82 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 02:16 
Great work everyone.

Just a quick note the Turkey one loads for me, but there are so may points that map just locks up and I can't zoom in or click on points. That is from a phone rather than a computer.

I have the points for the First World War sites in France, but I guess the issue is the load time rather than finding them.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#83 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 03:34 
elsslots:
the map crashes when displayed on the website (similar problem as with France).

meltwaterfalls:
I have the points for the First World War sites in France, but I guess the issue is the load time rather than finding them.

Will take a look tonight. Iran loading >1000 was wrong as far as I recall. So my hope that this is a simple query fix.

In the case of Spain, those rockart sites are just a pain and I seem to recall that the original map without tentative sites already has loading issues. Only option would be to go for clustering yet again.

Author hubert
Partaker
#84 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:40 
meltwaterfalls:

Yes, I could identify all locations. But I did not refer to the T-list entry, but to a more recent document:
http://verdun-meuse.fr/images/pages/Dossierfinalseptembre11.pdf

Compared to the T-list, the current list is shorter: some sites have been withdrawn, others that are close to each other have been combined to one location, but also some new sites have been added.
I am currently working on WWI cemeteries in Slovenia. It seems I'm going to be an expert on identifiying cemeteries from an aerial view.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#85 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 04:57 
hubert:
It seems I'm going to be an expert on identifiying cemeteries from an aerial view.

What a skill to have.. You should update your CV ;)

Author Jakob
Partaker
#86 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 05:43 
hubert
If the T-list is longer than the current proposal, we should make sure, that the nominations on the T-List are mentioned as Former T sites, once the cemeteries are becoming a WHS. Same is true for the Wood churches in Poland. More were nominated than actually inscribed. so the 3 other churches should be on the former tentative list? I tried to identify a few of these sites already, e.g Piemont vine etc.
Of course that is only posssible if something is precisely mentioned on the Nomination file. Or are we mentioning it in the inscribed site?
What do you think?

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#87 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 06:26 | Edited by: nfmungard 
Jakob:
More were nominated than actually inscribed. so the 3 other churches should be on the former tentative list? I tried to identify a few of these sites already, e.g Piemont vine etc.

I dont think we should list former sites. Actually, these are excluded by the website automatically when loading the locations.

Author Jakob
Partaker
#88 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:42 
I did not mean that the locations of former sites should be marked as well, but I saw that on the Slovakian sites, Kezmarok city is posted as a former TWHS, so the three wooden churches in poland shoudl be mentioned as well, and the formerly described Cemetraries in France are also fomer tentative sites. The topic should be moved to another forum though, sorry!

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#89 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 07:56 
Performance was fixed by me and Els. The large maps (France, Spain) are still an issue, but most maps work properly now.

Author elsslots
Admin
#90 | Posted: 22 Feb 2017 09:01 
nfmungard:
Performance was fixed by me and Els. The large maps (France, Spain) are still an issue, but most maps work properly now.

And the same solution also has solved issue number 2, the not-displaying of twhs for countries without whs (such as bahamas

Page  Page 6 of 34:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  33  34  Next » 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 TWHS Maps - The data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑