World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

TWHS Maps - The data

Page  Page 5 of 29:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#61 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 07:28 
UK has been delivered by Solivagant, and is now visible at: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/testt/country.php?id=113

Needs a final check

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#62 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:12 | Edited by: Solivagant 
elsslots:
UK - needs a final check

Errors

Turks and Caicos.
A third location has been left in from MWs data - I only identified Salt Cay and south Caicos. Remove the dark grey one in the sea!

Mousa Etc
Similar problem? the 2 locations around Stromness are both dark grey and both titled the same - the more northerly is Scatness and the more southerly is Jarlshof - this latter should be the "prime location"

Slate Industry
Again the original "dark grey" site location has been left in just N of Ogwen-Cegin

Chatham
Again MS orignal dark grey has been left in -the more northerly of the 2

Author elsslots
Admin
#63 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 08:36 
Solivagant:
Errors

fixed!

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#64 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 09:18 
elsslots:
fixed!

Not yet unfortunately!
Scatness is correctly titled but is dark grey
Jarlshof has 2 dots - 1 dark grey with the old Site title and 1 light grey with the correct location title.
So - 3 things to change
a. Make Scatness light grey
b. Remove the old Dark Grey Site Title -the more Northerly of the 2 at Jarlshof
c. Turn the current light grey Jarlsof into dark grey.

Trying to intersperse the MW coordinates seemed a good idea but it does create a whole lot more potential for errors!
Are you going to give me a spreadsheet for Turkey?

Author elsslots
Admin
#65 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 10:59 | Edited by: elsslots 
Solivagant:
Not yet unfortunately!

Can you have a look at it again? I don't see the error. I have 3 dots on the Shetlands, the dark grey (main site) being Jarlsof

Solivagant:
Trying to intersperse the MW coordinates seemed a good idea but it does create a whole lot more potential for errors!

Yes, for the countries with lots of TWHS. But I hope it will give us a 'free ride' at the countries with only a few simple TWHS

Author Solivagant
Partaker
#66 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:37 
elsslots:
Can you have a look at it again? I don't see the error I have 3 dots on the Shetlands, the dark grey (main site) being Jarlsof

Well that is very strange - It is certainly ok "now" with 3 dots as you say! I can't believe I was looking at a previous cached version - the "zoom" would "refresh" would it not??

Author elsslots
Admin
#67 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:37 
I've just finished Egypt: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/testt/country.php?id=33

It went fairly well, although to prevent an international incident I had to correct one location that ended up in Israel!

Three locations that I could not find at all:
1. TWHS North Sinai archaeological Sites - no indication in the text whatsoever what sites are included
2. TWHS Nuweibah Castle - I haven't found a castle there (apparently there's exactly zero places of interest in Nuweibah): 25km north there is a Zaman Castle but this holds a restaurant and seems a recent (re)construction
3. and I missed out on a sublocation of El Fayoum: Byahma-Medi (no clue)

Author elsslots
Admin
#68 | Posted: 18 Feb 2017 11:44 | Edited by: elsslots 
Will now go on with The Netherlands (should be easy, reusing most of meltwaterfalls work)

Done already: http://www.worldheritagesite.org/testt/country.php?id=76

Author elsslots
Admin
#69 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 03:48 
Hubert will take Czech Republik and Slovakia.

Author elsslots
Admin
#70 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 05:52 
Here's an overall status update:

Done
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Austria
Egypt
Iran
Netherlands
UK

Pending
Czech Republic (Hubert)
France (analysis done, upload mostly done except for WWI sites - crashes and hard to check, wait for update of country map to handle lots of locations)
Germany (analysis done, nfmungard to provide sql or csv for upload to database)
Poland (Jakob)
Slovakia (Hubert)
Spain (Jakob)
Turkey (Solivagant)

Author elsslots
Admin
#71 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 05:53 | Edited by: elsslots 
I will go on with Iraq

Author elsslots
Admin
#72 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 07:20 | Edited by: elsslots 
I've done Iraq now, and updated Azerbaijan too based on the input of meltwaterfalls (only added multiple locations to "The Caspian Shore Defensive Constructions"

Author elsslots
Admin
#73 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 10:52 | Edited by: elsslots 
Have started with Bahamas

Author elsslots
Admin
#74 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 11:21 
Hubert has just delivered the Czech Republic.

Overall status update:

Done
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Austria
Azerbaijan
Czech Republic
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Netherlands
UK

Pending
Bahamas (Els)
France (analysis done, upload mostly done except for WWI sites - crashes and hard to check, wait for update of country map to handle lots of locations)
Germany (analysis done, nfmungard to provide sql or csv for upload to database)
Poland (Jakob)
Slovakia (Hubert)
Spain (Jakob)
Turkey (Solivagant)

Author elsslots
Admin
#75 | Posted: 19 Feb 2017 13:04 | Edited by: elsslots 
Did Bahamas (11 obscure lighthouses!), Lesotho and Swaziland. Will go on with South Africa.

Page  Page 5 of 29:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  Next » 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 TWHS Maps - The data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑