World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

WHS Map - the Data

Page  Page 26 of 26:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  24  25  26

Author Zoe
Partaker
#376 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 07:47 
Serra da Capivara
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/list/Serra+da+Capivara

the marker seems a bit off, although having a look at the WHS map it seems super generous with sections even far outside of the national park, wouldn't it make more sense to point it at the NP?

Author elsslots
Admin
#377 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 10:30 
Zoe:
wouldn't it make more sense to point it at the NP?

I've moved it now to the same spot as at the UNESCO website (inside the park)

Author Jurre
Partaker
#378 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 12:29 
Colonies of Benevolence

We have 4 locations on our map, but Unesco has 3 locations, because Wilhelminaoord and Frederiksoord form one component. Should we change it or do we keep the 4 locations?

Author elsslots
Admin
#379 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 12:37 
Jurre:
Should we change it or do we keep the 4 locations?

We should change it, we follow the official number of locations

Author Jurre
Partaker
#380 | Posted: 14 Apr 2022 06:50 | Edited by: Jurre 
Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands

It's nitpicking, but the marker for the island of Tinetto is slightly off and is situated near the island of Tino.

Wikipedia gives these coordinates: 44.023508, 9.851264

Author vantcj1
Partaker
#381 | Posted: 30 Apr 2022 20:27 | Edited by: vantcj1 
Hi, checking on "Agave Landscape and Ancient Industrial Facilities of Tequila"'s most recent review, I noticed that the component "Zona núcleo 01-Valle de Tequila y Amatitán" is shown to the south of the "Guachimontones de Teuchitlán" component, near the town of Tapalpa, while it is really to the north, as it is shown in the 2015 WHS official map https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1209/multiple=1&unique_number=1386.
In the WHS official page the first component is located in a field between the towns of Tequila and Amatitán. I looked for an approximate similar location in Google Earth, whose converted coordinate is: 20.8613889°, -103.7552778°

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#382 | Posted: 1 May 2022 12:04 
Following today's blog article by Els, I point to the fact that Kernavė is spelt with a single dot on the e, not Kernavë as it is now (ë does not even exist in the Lithuanian orthography). Is there some encoding challenge?

Author elsslots
Admin
#383 | Posted: 2 May 2022 03:00 
Astraftis:
Is there some encoding challenge?

No, not really. I don't know why it was that way, already at nomination it was Kernavė. Have updated it.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#384 | Posted: 2 May 2022 12:07 
elsslots:
Astraftis:
Is there some encoding challenge?

No, not really. I don't know why it was that way, already at nomination it was Kernavė. Have updated it.

OK, I was just asking because encodings/decodings are something I vie with almost daily at work, and with students who have difficulties grasping them, too :-D

Great, I'm glad a modicum of pedantry can bring minimal improvements :-D

Page  Page 26 of 26:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  24  25  26 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 WHS Map - the Data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑