World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

WHS Map - the Data

Page  Page 23 of 23:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  21  22  23

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#331 | Posted: 6 Jul 2021 09:39 | Edited by: meltwaterfalls 
Thanks for the feedback.
Astraftis:
Is there some way to make the labels stand out, maybe in some fancy, contrasting color?

Unfortunatley I am limited by what the google template allows, so that is the best I can do at the moment, but one of my colleagues has a little more experience than me so I will ask them for some tips.
In a perfect world we could match these up with our existing map pins, but that would be quite some way off and would need a little more thought.

Jarek Pokr:
The area of park in Průhonice should be moved a little bit upwards to cover fully the park area.

This one is very odd, it must be something to do with the projection of the google map. As you can probably tell it was mapped exactly to the park, but it seems to be off set by a hundred metres or so. I will have to learn some more to correct it. Weirdly this doesn't affect Prague Historic centre as well and they are part of the same polygon, I can't work out why.

Jarek Pokr:
The real challenge should be to show all the locations of Czech sites in Krusnohory !

I forgot that I left them to one side. Will have to incorporate them when I get a chance.

Colvin:
Hope all is well!

I'm very well thanks Colvin, I hope you are too.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#332 | Posted: 6 Jul 2021 16:26 
If someone feels like GPSing... The Dacian limits (T) has more than the 3 sites we show.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6447

Author Liam
Partaker
#333 | Posted: 7 Jul 2021 05:06 
Well done on the Welsh map Meltwaterfalls, it clearly shows the Pontycysyllte site to be
more extensive than most people realise.

And in a few weeks you'll be able to update it with the seven component parts of the Slate Landscape WHS ­čśÇ

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#334 | Posted: 8 Jul 2021 14:24 
nfmungard:
If someone feels like GPSing... The Dacian limits (T) has more than the 3 sites we show.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/6447

Here you go Nan

FotRE -Dacia
All the sites, colour coded by the type of site

The data is a little dirty and quite a few are missing their name.

I will forward you on a CSV later.

NB. As a reminder for me and incase anyone else is interested I found this great resource (The World Coordinate Converter) for converting coordinates from pretty much any system, to any other system

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#335 | Posted: 9 Jul 2021 06:43 
If there any other serieal TWHS that people are aware of where there are multiple co-ordinates, flag them up and I am happy to try and map them.

Author elsslots
Admin
#336 | Posted: 10 Jul 2021 04:13 
meltwaterfalls:
FotRE -Dacia
All the sites, colour coded by the type of site

The data is a little dirty and quite a few are missing their name.

I will forward you on a CSV later.

I have added them to the map on this website as well: https://www.worldheritagesite.org/tentative/id/6447
Thanks for the data, meltwaterfalls!
Will clean up the ? in the names a bit later today.

Author elsslots
Admin
#337 | Posted: 10 Jul 2021 04:48 
Quite cute also how they misspell "watchtower": "whatchtower" or "wachtower"

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#338 | Posted: 10 Jul 2021 11:51 | Edited by: Astraftis 
meltwaterfalls
OK, so I don't know if this the exact place to post it, but with regard to the miniserial TWHS of Emilian vaporite karst I recently wrote a review about, the co-ordinates of the Alto Appennino tosco-emiliano park component is far off (it is probably at the center of the national park, but not on the TWHS spot). A central, representative point for it (also according to official co-ordinates) is N44.3884 E10.4111 (I used the "show address" option of OpensSTreetMap to get those numbers). I don't know about the others, however they are here in the text.

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#339 | Posted: 14 Jul 2021 15:05 
The Fortified Village of Biertan is placed incorrectly:
46.13558870872585, 24.521312809052525

Câlnic is misspelled in the map label.

Page  Page 23 of 23:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  21  22  23 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 WHS Map - the Data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑