World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

WHS Map - the Data

Page  Page 22 of 22:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  20  21  22

Author elsslots
Admin
#316 | Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:58 
joelonroad:
Probota Monastery component is in the wrong spot.

Updated!

Author joelonroad
Partaker
#317 | Posted: 5 Dec 2020 02:41 
For the Mtskheta entry in Georgia, the map pin for Jvari Monastery is in the wrong spot. It should be here: https://goo.gl/maps/p6CgikqTfLX2Zvt78

Current pin is miles to the north.

Author wojtek
Partaker
#318 | Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:27 
For Discovery Coast WHS default dot on general map is for Una Biological Reserve. This is unfortunate as this component is not open to the public. I'd suggest replacing it by Discovery NP, alternatively by Pau Brasil NP or Monte Pascoal NP.

Author Zoe
Partaker
#319 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 11:14 
Morne Trois Pitons
https://www.worldheritagesite.org/list/Morne+Trois+Pitons

Wouldn't it make more sense to place the dot where Google Map has the National Park icon, just east of Laudat? I know the park is huge but that's where most people go and I don't even think the park extends to the southern end where the dot is now.

Author elsslots
Admin
#320 | Posted: 2 Feb 2021 11:35 
Zoe:
I don't even think the park extends to the southern end where the dot is now.

That's very wrong indeed. I will update it

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#321 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:59 
I propose that Lalibela have 11 locations:

"The 11 medieval monolithic cave churches of this 13th-century 'New Jerusalem' are situated in a mountainous region in the heart of Ethiopia near a traditional village with circular-shaped dwellings." (UNESCO Website)

A map of the 11 churches:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-Hewn_Churches,_Lalibela#/media/File:Karta_Lalibela.PNG

Author elsslots
Admin
#322 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:05 
jonathanfr:
I propose that Lalibela have 11 locations:

The question is whether it is inscribed as a serial site with 11 locations, or as just having 1 core zone where 11 churches happen to be in.

In the first case you are right. But a quick scan around the official documents does not provide proof for that. Have you seen an official document?
In the second case we stay with 1 location. The 11 locations of the churches would then be points of interest, a further future project next to the official locations as suggested before by nfmungard.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#323 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:40 
elsslots:
In the first case you are right. But a quick scan around the official documents does not provide proof for that. Have you seen an official document?
In the second case we stay with 1 location. The 11 locations of the churches would then be points of interest, a further future project next to the official locations as suggested before by nfmungard.

I have no proof that it could belong to the first case.
Maybe we are in the second situation, as for the Boyne Valley (3 separate places in a central area), so I think the future project next to the official places is a good idea.
It could also highlight major places in historic centers (eg the Eiffel Tower). For example, the Kremlin and the Red Square seem to me to be 2 distinct locations; just like the Puys chain and the Limagne fault. There are plenty of examples.

Author Khuft
Partaker
#324 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:55 
elsslots:
The question is whether it is inscribed as a serial site with 11 locations, or as just having 1 core zone where 11 churches happen to be in.

It seems that Ethiopia published a management plan in 2015. (available on the WHC website). Just skimmed through it, but it does include a map with a proposed core zone and buffer zone around it - so it would be 1 site (page 30 of the document).

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#325 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:42 

Author elsslots
Admin
#326 | Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:40 
jonathanfr:
Bryggen: 2 locations

Funny, the 2nd location is only one building. Have added it.

Page  Page 22 of 22:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  20  21  22 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 WHS Map - the Data

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑