World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /  

WHS map

Page  Page 12 of 13:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  13  Next »

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#166 | Posted: 6 Mar 2016 08:21 
I am happy to host the map feature externally, or at least the data heavy part. I can also take a look at the coding.

Author clyde
Partaker
#167 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 03:32 
Was this idea scrapped? The sites visited and sites not visited map per selected users was really great ...

Author elsslots
Admin
#168 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 11:30 
I moved to a different (better) server a few months ago. The idea was to try to get it working on that one. I'll give it another try this weekend, but I am not hopeful.

Otherwise we would have to look at alternatives. If nfmungard could host it, that would be wonderful. But there are also things like managing the geodata of the sites & cost to consider.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#169 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 12:28 
In the interim, I'm planning to up date the standard map we have at the moment with this years inscriptions and a few other bits. Hopefully in the next two weeks or so.

Author elsslots
Admin
#170 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 12:29 
meltwaterfalls:
I'm planning to up date the standard map we have at the moment

great, meltwaterfalls!

Author Colvin
Partaker
#171 | Posted: 22 Jul 2016 23:53 
meltwaterfalls:
I'm planning to up date the standard map we have at the moment

Thanks -- I really appreciate the map and reference it often! BTW, I noticed that the Antonine Wall is missing from the Frontiers of the Roman Empire. Would it help you to have a table of the coordinates for the components of the Antonine Wall that were inscribed?

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#172 | Posted: 23 Jul 2016 04:44 
Hi Colivin, yep if you have those Antonine Wall coordinates that would be great. If anyone has sets of coordinates for serial sites that are missing then I will be delighted to have them (decimal coordinates preferred, but anything welcome)

Author Colvin
Partaker
#173 | Posted: 23 Jul 2016 13:04 
I'm assembling the coordinates now. Do you want me to post them here when done or send them to Els in an Excel spreadsheet to forward to you?

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#174 | Posted: 24 Jul 2016 06:07 
Thanks Colvin received them and they look great, thanks for providing them in multiple formats, let's go explore.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#175 | Posted: 24 Jul 2016 08:43 
Glad you got them, and thanks again for your work on the map!

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#176 | Posted: 6 Sep 2016 18:04 
Just to say I haven't forgotten about this. I'm hoping to finally get some work done on it this weekend.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#177 | Posted: 6 Sep 2016 18:15 | Edited by: Colvin 
No worries -- I really appreciate that there's a map to begin with; it makes it so much easier to know where WHS are when planning trips. Thanks for your work on the map!

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#178 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 07:24 
https://iancade.carto.com/viz/c58a938c-32a3-11e5-a008-0e018d66dc29/embed_map

Hello, can someone tell me when this website there will be updated with new properties registered in 2016?

I wish to know if there is a possibility to keep the contents of this web site in my computer, outside connection for non-commercial use? I find this atlas very well but I'm afraid that one day he will become a dead link which we would not have access.

Thank you for the answers.

Author meltwaterfalls
Partaker
#179 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 07:53 
Hi jonathafr, glad you are finding map useful.

I'm actually working on the update at the moment, but I'm not 100% sure when it will be completed. I may be able to get the new sites added in the next couple of days, and then some other additions will be done in the next few weeks.

In regards to it being available to have a copy on your computer, I'm not really sure how that could work due to the way in which it is made,but I will have a think about a potential back up for it. I have no plans to remove it (I use it almost everyday myself) but it may be good to have a fall back plan in case anything happens to it outside of my control.

The raw data for it is available on links earlier in this thread, but I will post a link to the updated data with the new sites as well. Hopefully in the next few days.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#180 | Posted: 25 Sep 2016 07:57 
Thank you for this information !

Page  Page 12 of 13:  « Previous  1  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 
How do I get to visit Aldabra? www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / How do I get to visit Aldabra? /
 WHS map

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑