World Heritage Site

for World Heritage Travellers

Forum: Start | Profile | Search |         Website: Start | The List | Community |
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /  

2020/2021 WHC Livestream

Page  Page 12 of 45:  « Previous  1  ...  11  12  13  ...  44  45  Next »

Author elsslots
Admin
#166 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:26 
nfmungard:
500 was chernowitz, ukraine. First time I left eu for 1.5 years.

Good!!

Author clyde
Partaker
#167 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:26 
nfmungard
didn't you visit Norway?

Author Colvin
Partaker
#168 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:28 
'Padova Urbs picta', Giotto's Scrovegni Chapel and Padua's fourteenth-century fresco cycles inscribed!

Author elsslots
Admin
#169 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:32 
End of session today. I am at 749 now..

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#170 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:32 
elsslots:
Norway

Romania, Norway... look very alike on pictures. Or you mean because they are grumpy?

Author Colvin
Partaker
#171 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:33 
And the session ends for today, with five new inscriptions! Thirty-four more nominations to go over the next few days.

Author clyde
Partaker
#172 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:34 
that's all for today :) 4 new ticks for me out of 5 new inscriptions.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#173 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:40 
nfmungard:
@colvin count now at 502. 500 was chernowitz, ukraine.

Glad you are able to travel some! What did you think of the residence?

elsslots:
I am at 749 now..

Almost to 750!

clyde:
4 new ticks for me out of 5 new inscriptions.

Two new ones for me — which at least makes some progress since I haven't been able to travel out of country for over a year!

Author nfmungard
Partaker
#174 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:44 
@colvin I recall you weren't the biggest fan of cordouan? As American you are welcome to Europe as long as you got your shots.

The residence will get a review. Just great to travel outside Germany and the beaten path. Let's see how many ticks this session will add me

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#175 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:52 
Colvin:
Russia would like to remind folks that Tsar Nicholas II's wife Alexandra was from Darmstadt, and the Russian royal family would often attend the Russian Orthodox Church in Darmstadt when visiting her hometown.

Just for fun: on the Mathildenhöhe I was once asked by a tourist if that was a nice restaurant... she was a little disappointed to learn it was a nice church instead. I'm still wondering what confusion could lie behind such a question 😆

Anyway, very happy for this inscription!!!

Author Colvin
Partaker
#176 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:57 | Edited by: Colvin 
nfmungard:
@colvin I recall you weren't the biggest fan of cordouan? As American you are welcome to Europe as long as you got your shots.

I'm indifferent to Cordouan. I'm more impressed with the engineering for Eddystone Lighthouse (for which Smeaton's Tower was moved near Plymouth as a monument after the lighthouse was reconstructed) and Bell Rock Lighthouse.

As for travel to Europe, I'll get back there. I'm trying to even out my sites visited with more non-European ones first.

Author Colvin
Partaker
#177 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:03 
Astraftis:
Just for fun: on the Mathildenhöhe I was once asked by a tourist if that was a nice restaurant... she was a little disappointed to learn it was a nice church instead. I'm still wondering what confusion could lie behind such a question 😆

I can't imagine how anyone might mistake the Russian chapel for a restaurant, but I hope she found some good food somewhere else!

Author Jurre
Partaker
#178 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:39 
How water can be both beneficial and destructive. Spa goes from Hell to Heaven, being declared World Heritage after being flooded two weeks ago.

I'm not as well travelled as some of you, so Spa is my only tick, but I hope to get Mathildenhöhe and Bad Ems when I go to the Rhine in two weeks.

Author jonathanfr
Partaker
#179 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 11:00 | Edited by: jonathanfr 
Two ticks marks for me. Very happy for Cordouan, I live in Médis, a small town near Royan, about ten kilometers from the lighthouse.

Author Astraftis
Partaker
#180 | Posted: 24 Jul 2021 11:03 
Just as an aside (maybe I am coming late) with regard to the great Spas: why wasn't Budapest part of the proposal?

Page  Page 12 of 45:  « Previous  1  ...  11  12  13  ...  44  45  Next » 
WHC Sessions www.worldheritagesite.org Forum / WHC Sessions /
 2020/2021 WHC Livestream
This topic is closed. New replies are not allowed.

www.worldheritagesite.org Forum Powered by Chat Forum Software miniBB ®
 ⇑